How do I get my total in Canadian funds when I go to the check out?

hutchpaule
Community Member

I want my total shown in Canadian money  why am I getting GB total when I clicked on ebay Canada

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Foreign exchange is always difficult because the rates change from minute to minute.

Banks usually give a rate for a longer window, gambling that there won't be too great a variation during that window.

So if your UK seller bills you in sterling, and you check the price in  loonies today, by the time your credit card is actually charged by Paypal the price in loonies may be slightly higher or lower.

But the price in sterling will still be firm.

If the price turns out to be in your favour, buy a lottery ticket. It's your day!

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

It's possible you are logged into ebay.co.uk. Log out, clear your browser cache and log into www.ebay.ca for CAD or ebay.com for USD. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@hutchpaule wrote:

I want my total shown in Canadian money  why am I getting GB total when I clicked on ebay Canada

Are you making a purchase? or just displaying?

If displaying, then it seems you accidentally got switched to the UK site. Enter www.ebay.ca as the URL to switch back.

If making a purchase, the amounts are shown are in the currency the seller selected.  PayPal will automatically convert to UK pounds the amount of Canadian dollars needed when you pay (these days the exchange rate is a little bit worse than 2CAD = 1UKP)

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Foreign exchange is always difficult because the rates change from minute to minute.

Banks usually give a rate for a longer window, gambling that there won't be too great a variation during that window.

So if your UK seller bills you in sterling, and you check the price in  loonies today, by the time your credit card is actually charged by Paypal the price in loonies may be slightly higher or lower.

But the price in sterling will still be firm.

If the price turns out to be in your favour, buy a lottery ticket. It's your day!

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

thank you
Message 5 of 5
latest reply