I returned item but my money has not been refunded. What do I do ?

lwoyt66
Community Member

I bought an item and they took several weeks to ship out from Hong Kong. I received it after about 35 to 40 days maybe longer.  It was not worth the money I paid so I returned it on October 31, 2014. I purchased it Sept 7, 2014.  The seller states they did not receive it yet on November 27, 2014.   Will PayPal Buyer Protection cover this item of 60.00 USD after 2 months since original purchase ?

How do I get my money refunded ? 

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

When you returned the item did you use Air Mail?

International Surface can take three months to arrive. Your seller might be telling the truth. Maybe. It could happen.

When you returned the item did you use a Confirmed Delivery/ tracked service?

These start around  $40 for overseas service but without electronic confirmation Paypal would not refund you even within the deadline period.

But there is still a possilbility.

Go to the credit card you backed your Paypal account with. Paypal is just a mediator.

Call the card's 1-800 customer service number and ask about a chargeback.

You should be aware that even the card may want at least proof of shipping and may also want proof of delivery.

And yes, sellers of inadequate goods overseas count on the high cost of tracked returns to get away with their scams.

You can leave feedback for up to 60 days.

You can leave a Response to either your own or the seller's feedback indefinitely.

The most effective feedback and responses are calm and factual.  'Poor quality for price. Returned but no refund given.' for example.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

When you returned the item did you use Air Mail?

International Surface can take three months to arrive. Your seller might be telling the truth. Maybe. It could happen.

When you returned the item did you use a Confirmed Delivery/ tracked service?

These start around  $40 for overseas service but without electronic confirmation Paypal would not refund you even within the deadline period.

But there is still a possilbility.

Go to the credit card you backed your Paypal account with. Paypal is just a mediator.

Call the card's 1-800 customer service number and ask about a chargeback.

You should be aware that even the card may want at least proof of shipping and may also want proof of delivery.

And yes, sellers of inadequate goods overseas count on the high cost of tracked returns to get away with their scams.

You can leave feedback for up to 60 days.

You can leave a Response to either your own or the seller's feedback indefinitely.

The most effective feedback and responses are calm and factual.  'Poor quality for price. Returned but no refund given.' for example.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply