Printing a shipping label in Canada for a US seller

I am interested in an item for sale in the US. Listing said seller may not ship to Canada, so I asked. Seller says yes, "you can create a shipping label and send it to our email. We print it and ship it to you."

But from what I can tell, a buyer can only print a shipping label if both buyer and seller are in the same country. Or am I wrong? So far I have only ever printed Canada Post labels, but the seller can't use those.

Thanks for any advice.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Whaaaat??

Why wouldn't he just charge you for the shipping himself?

There is NOTHING preventing him from doing that.

I suspect he is trying to move the entire transaction off eBay in the belief that he would pay lower fees and have no need to provide reasonable customer service.

Besides-- How are you supposed to know how much to pay? You don't know the dimensions, the weight, or the origin (his address) of the parcel.

This is not going to get better.

If you feel like you have too much money in your pocket, you can send him this

https://postcalc.usps.com/?country=10440

which will help him work out the cost of shipping to Canada.

Tell him to scoot down to the bottom of the list of services on the third page for First Class International Package, which, you can assure him is Tracked, just like the much more expensive services above it.

You will be paying duty (over $150Cdn) and sales taxes (over $40Cdn) before the carrier will turn the parcel over. Plus a Canada Post service charge of $9.95.

You can actually buy USPS shipping labels through Shippo. You will need your Solutions for Small Business number if you haven't used them before.

But this sounds weird.

I am old and cynical.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

BTW-- Although buying off-eBay means you would not be covered by the Money Back Guarantee, you would still be covered by Paypal's strong Buyer Protection Program.

For some reason, perhaps because criminals tend to be dumb, these scammers don't realize that their buyer is covered by PP and also by the credit card they use to back their PP account.

This is also probably why some of the marginally smarter crooks are now asking for gift cards, which offer no protection to the buyer.