handling fee not showing in sellers add?

I recently purchased an item on here and when I went to pay for it, I noticed the seller had tacked on a handling fee on top of the global shipping program fees. The seller says it was in the listing all along butt when I look at it and my invoice it is no where to be found?But the final paypal total shows the fee. I asked for the fee to be refunded but we are now at a standstill as we both think we are in the right. 

Is there a way to prove if the fee was in the add or not as we both have screenshots to prove our cases.

I dont want to start a dispute as the fee is not very large but it is still an overcharge none the less as far as I am concerned.

What are my options here?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

If you haven't paid (or if the seller hasn't shipped it), then you can ask the seller to cancel the purchase.

No surprise the seller sees a different view than you (you are looking at it with Canadian ship-to address, the seller is looking at it with a ship-to address in their own country, where GSP does not apply).

Also: eBay has been experimenting in how they display listings that use GSP. eBay claims that the total purchase price remains the same, regardless of how the listing information is displayed.

Is the total price that the eBay listing shows you different from the total price the paypal invoice displays?

-..-

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

The price in the eBay invoice shows what I thought I should pay but the the PayPal charges me the x training money
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Sawfiler1968: "... should pay but the PayPal charges me the x training money"

x training ???
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Supposed to say extra money
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

That extra money isn't a handling fee, per se. It sounds like Import Fees which is duty and/or sales tax plus a handling fee for collecting it. If you bought this item through the Global Shipping Program that means you pre-paid your import fees at time of purchase as opposed to at the door when it is delivered. But the total amount on the ebay order should match the total amount paid in your paypal account, regardless of how it was categorized as a breakdown of payments. Fees aren't supposed to be hidden until it's too late to back out of purchase. Is that what you're saying happened here?

Message 6 of 6
latest reply