Received counterfeit MKH416

dyla_638
Community Member
I received a counterfeit MKH416 shotgun mic. I'm currently sending a return request. If the seller declines, what happens with eBay? I know you can open a dispute, but will the money be taken out of the sellers account? The seller's profile contains a fraudulent location if that matters.

Also will I be required to send back the microphone? I'd rather avoid any sort of legal issues with mailing counterfeit goods even though it's a return, and I'd rather somebody not be sold it in the future.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

mcrlmn
Community Member

Knockoff...

Go to the Resolution Centre and follow the directions.

Escalate to a claim asap.

Yeah, the listing says Victoria, Australia but the item came from Malaysia
The financial problem with fake locations in a dispute is that the seller may purport to be in Canada but actually be overseas.
That may  cost the buyer money in duty and sales taxes when the item enters Canada. and makes return shipping more expensive.
As far as the overseas location is concerned in a return it's moot. Return shipping will be expensive to both Oz and Maylaysia.
But in your case, if the seller does not provide shipping, he loses the Dispute, you toss the mic in the trash*, and get a full refund. 
will the money be taken out of the sellers account?
The seller pays the refund. While the Dispute is open the payment is usually frozen.
If the seller does not refund voluntarily, he gets a Defect, eBay refunds the buyer, and eBay goes after the seller for their money.  And both eBay and Paypal have the seller's financial information.
But that's not your worry.  You will be refunded.

*And you don't have to toss it out, you can use it or donate it, if it is not actually dangerous. Up to you, from a civil law point of view. Selling it as a counterfeit would be criminal of course.

Sellers can't decline a return request if the item was not as described, broken, counterfeit etc. Unless the seller decides to refund you without requiring a return, you do have to return the item.  The seller will have to send a return shipping label or send money for you to buy a label.  Where is the seller located...it can be a little complicated if the seller is in another country.

What do you mean about a fraudulent location?  Was the item shipped from a different country than what the listing said?