Seller Wants Fee to Refund my Money!

Hello all.  I recently made a purchase that I regret.  I purchased what I thought was a Dragon Jeep toy but after purchase later in the day realized that this item was a model and not an assembled Jeep.  A few other sellers have this same Jeep listed and some say that is assembled and some listings are somewhat obscure in their description.  Some of the language used in the description of the item is somewhat lacking.  I messaged the seller the same day to ask for a cancellation of my purchase and did not hear from the until the following day.  They are saying that they had to get the item from their supplier and it will cost them $100.00. They want me to pay $ 50.00 at least to refund my purchase.  Sounds kind of fishy to me.  The item was $275.00.  I definitely want my refund but I don't think I should be out $50.00 to get it.  

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

No you do not have to pay anything.

Only the seller can cancel the purchase, and the reason would be Buyer Request.

Since he says he does not have the item to ship (they are saying that they had to get the item from their supplier and it will cost them $100.00. ) the seller is in a tricky position.

Out Of Stock cancellations would cost him a Defect.  Which is a big deal.

You might politely mention that.  "I understand that you did not have any of these in stock when I purchased and had to buy one to fill my order. I do not believe this is my problem." perhaps.

Tell him that if the item arrives, you will be returning it.

Demand politely a refund of your money.

Then wait.

If he doesn't ship, you can open a Not Received dispute.

Don't close it until you have your refund. In full.

If he does ship, open a Not As Described dispute, and ask for a return shipping label.

If he does not supply that, he loses the Dispute and you are refunded.

Do NOT refuse the package if he ships it.

• If you refuse it, it is considered Undeliverable, and he doesn't have to refund anything.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

mcrlmn
Community Member

eBay doesn't permit restocking fees.

Insist on a full refund of the transaction.

That is your entitlement.

Does the listing says the seller have a restocking fee?