When requesting a total for multiple purchases not getting an invoice

In several cases when I request an "Total" for multiple purchases I am not getting an invoice combining them. The purchases all had free shipping, so there was no concerns about a combined shipping cost.  I did not want to have to pay for each purchase separately since in a lot of cases there could be any where from three to twenty items. Even when I sent a message direct to seller, sometimes  a combined invoice was not issued. How can I get the EBay system to produce one invoice for multiple purchases since requesting
"Total" does not seem to work? I am aware that some sellers will limit the amount of purchases they will combine, in some cases 10 items. However even when under their set combined limit, the Ebay system still did not provide an invoice. This is very frustrating and time consuming trying to pay for purchases and quite often delays payment top the seller.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Are you hitting Recalculate?

Don't.

Is it possible that the seller is listing on both dotCA and dotCOM (or any other mixture of sites)?

These cannot be combined.

Is your seller enrolled in the Global Shipping Program?

These purchases cannot be combined.

About Free Shipping.

This is really 'adspeak' for ' shipping cost included in the asking price'.

So your seller may be willing to combine and discount your purchases.

Give her a chance to do so.

Many seller do not work on weekends.

In addition, this is Grey Cup in Canada and Black Friday in the USA. The seller may not be at her computer until Monday (tomorrow).

You may also want to add a note to yourself about sellers who are difficult to contact so that you don't shop there again.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

There are two ways to combine purchases as a buyer. One is to dump everything you want in your shopping cart and let the cart combine them. The other is to Request Total From Seller and it sounds like you did that. The thing to remember is that some sellers are big-volume and maybe cannot get to your request in a timely fashion.

The other consideration is that some sellers list in USD and CAD and AUD et cetera and those purchases cannot be put together into a single bill, no matter what. eBay cannot, paypal cannot. The seller would have to finagle with some kind of currency conversion of their own device and then invoice you as the buyer directly through paypal and this is not the sort of thing that many sellers (and buyers for that matter) are comfortable doing. 

But I do hear what you are saying. As a seller, I do like my orders all organized by buyer and not to have to pick and choose from one spot to the other when packing my orders. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

The items I wanted to combine were all on the same dot.ca site. ( don't use Recalucate. They were all in the same currency. There was no Global Shipping Program involved. This was not just happening on a specific event weekend (Grey Cup or Black Friday). Its been an ongoing concern for about a month and not just on weekends. My request for "total" on the EBay system is not working. Sometimes when I use "Request Total" I can see messages for the items which look like an invoice but still no invoice(s) on my purchase history.Sometimes I have to send a message to a seller two to five times before an invoice combining the items is produced. Will be calling Ebay customer service to see if what the problem is.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

This is a partial answer...dumping into the shopping cart. However to pay items in different currencies it means login in to different Ebay sites i.e Ebay.com for US fund items, Ebay.ca for Cdn fund items, etc. I normally sign in only in to Ebay.ca. This extra steps to make a payment for items I originally purchased on Ebay.ca is very annoying and time consuming. Previously I could simply do it all through the Ebay site I was using. What is the problem that I have to sign in to different Ebay sites to make a payment if the seller has not given me an invoice. Is this why "request total" function does not appear to be working? Some sellers are annoyed that I keep asking for a combined invoice and say I can use that function instead.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply