Why does eBay close 'cases' that are older than 30 days with China?

I've been waiting for several items and one in particular that I ordered for a European trip in October. Items ordered in March and April.

I submitted a 'case' to eBay as the item wasn't received and the seller wasn't responsive.  Case now appears closed and no way to contact eBay /resubmit - as the options aren't available for this.  

Any suggestions or ideas? 

ps - eBay - your customer service options is in a sad state ....

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@psychedr88 wrote:

I've been waiting for several items and one in particular that I ordered for a European trip in October. Items ordered in March and April.

I submitted a 'case' to eBay as the item wasn't received and the seller wasn't responsive.  Case now appears closed and no way to contact eBay /resubmit - as the options aren't available for this. 

For an INR (Item-Not-Received) case: if the seller does not respond, you (the buyer) are supposed to ask eBay to step in and resolve the case. If eBay does not hear from either the buyer or seller, they assume things have been worked out and the case will be automatically closed 30 days after it was opened.

Since you've missed that step on eBay, go to PayPal and open an INR case/dispute there. Available for up to 180 days (6 months) after purchase.

-..-

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@psychedr88 wrote:

For an INR (Item-Not-Received) case: if the seller does not respond, you (the buyer) are supposed to ask eBay to step in and resolve the case. If eBay does not hear from either the buyer or seller, they assume things have been worked out and the case will be automatically closed 30 days after it was opened.

Since you've missed that step on eBay, go to PayPal and open an INR case/dispute there. Available for up to 180 days (6 months) after purchase.

-..-

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

thanks very much for the suggestion - hadn't thought of Paypal !
Message 3 of 3
latest reply