acces blocked to some products on ebay, restricted items why ??

HI, i just recently realized when comparing with my sister my purchased list that she had acces to more murchandise on your site than me. There was this thing she bought at a good price and that i wanted too, but when i looked for it on ebay with my computer acces to the thing was blocked, and the message said,:

Unfortunately, access to this particular item has been blocked due to legal restrictions in some countries. We are blocking your viewing in an effort to prevent restricted items from being displayed. Regrettably, in some cases, we may prevent users from accessing items that are not within the scope of said restrictions because of limitations of existing technology. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause, and we hope you may find other items of interest on eBay.

then i asked her to ckeck if she could still acces the thing she had bought, and she could...

why am i being blocked to view or order this item and she isint ? even though we live in the same house , we are just using different computers ??

thanks,

maika

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Do you have any unpaid item strikes? This normally doesn't prevent you from seeing a listing but sometimes ebay bots sends messages that to do specifically apply to the situation at hand.

Have you had any transactions with that seller before and it didn't turn out well? If so, it is possible the seller add you to their blocked bidders list. 

Have you tried to contact the seller to see if they know why you're blocked? All I can do i guess. I do not know for sure why you are blocked.

**********************************************************************************

Non payers should get unpaid item strikes and be added to block bidders lists. Period.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Are you in Quebec? Is your sister?

Some items that are banned or restricted in France are also banned or restricted by eBay to members living in Quebec. Some sort of misunderstanding about the French language and the Treaty of Paris (1763).

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

synv
Community Member
I get the same message sometimes. Ebay's way of blocking buyers from various areas from seeing a listing seems to be linked to the language settings of the browsers and/or devices used to view them. It's a pain in the ass, but if I change my settings from French to English, all of a sudden many of these items stop being blocked.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply