global shipping program 12 for an item that is 10.50 cents? upset customer.

mbpctek
Community Member

i just bought a used xbox 360 game won bid 10.50.. then i notice a high shipping rate of 16.00 customer asked me i just say you pay 16 wasn't it 3.50? i said to them yes 16.00 shipping. so the global shipping program is charging 12.74 for a 10.50 item? should i cancel the paypal transaction for the 12.74?

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

global shipping program 12 for an item that is 10.50 cents? upset customer.

Your winning bid was $10.50 USD.

The domestic (within the USA)shipping rate was $3,50.

then i notice a high shipping rate of 16.00 customer asked me i just say you pay 16 wasn't it 3.50? i said to them yes 16.00 shipping.

Well that's incoherent.

Are you the buyer or the seller?

Are you in Canada?

so the global shipping program is charging 12.74 for a 10.50 item? should i cancel the paypal transaction for the 12.74?

Possible but unlikely.

There would be no duty nor any tax charged on $10.50 USA. The minimum is $20CDN or about $16 USD.

However, the seller may have chosen a more expensive service for the US to Canada leg of the shipping.

And there is a $5 or so service charge by Pitney Bowes who run the Global Shipping Program.

should i cancel the paypal transaction for the 12.74?

So you've already paid?

Here's what to do.

You could just let it ride. That was what you agreed to when you bid whether you read and understood the details of the listing or not. EBay assumes you are a competent grownup and take care of business by reading before bidding.

Contact the seller.

Ask for a Mutual Cancellation of the transaction. He would send a refund of your payment (if you made one ) first. Then the request. Agree promptly to the request. You have your money back and the transaction is void. Leave friendly and positive feedback for the seller who was nice enough to let you off the hook you put yourself on.

If the seller has already sent the item.

Let it ride. We all make mistakes. Learn from this. $12 is a nice lunch. Brown bag it for a couple of days. We learn something new every day, whether we want to or not.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply