how do I deal with an overseas purchase gone bad? It is past the 90 day mark.

I purchased a pair of jeans from China. Took almost a month to get. The were too small and seller told me to return them at my own expense, and once they arrived in China, they would send me a larger pair. It took a little over 6 weeks for the jeans to arrive in China. I kept in touch with the seller right up until they actually confirmed that they received the jeans, and would let me know the tracking number as soon as they sent out the larger pair. I've contacted them twice since, and they have not replied. They were always quick on previous inquiries, now, nothing. I can't go to Paypal because I am over my 45 days, and I use resolution centre in eBay because I've gone over my 90 days. My c/c company is my only next option, however, I was hoping to report this particular business, because they are not an honest business.

Anyone have a solution on how I can get my money back, without telling me to stay within the timeline offered? It was impossible in this case, only because of the long wait in between for parcels to cross over.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello 'muphin17',

<<Anyone have a solution on how I can get my money back, without telling me to stay within the timeline offered?>>

Nope.  There is no magic solution.  There is only the official 'protection' policy, which you seem

clearly aware of.

If you used a credit card then the chargeback is your only option.  Call the customer service number

for the card NOW because cards also have deadlines.  Chances are you have thrown away your

money.  You and hordes of other honest decent people who unwittingly 'make donations' to sellers

in that country.

When you make the call, have the card statement, email receipts and so on infront of you.  It's your

only hope, and a slim one at that.

In future, never let that day 45 for filing a claim pass you buy.  Period.

Never believe those false promises about replacement items.  Those sellers will not send a replacement

because after this much time they don't have to.

They keep the item, they keep the money, -- and you lose.

If you continue to buy from that country and subsidize their economic growth, that is your decision.

Ebay knows all about the scams and scoundrels and will never do anything.  Read these message

boards.  Oodles of stories just like yours.  Money unwillingly 'donated' to China.

Get to know ebay's guidelines, deadlines, and take them seriously.  It is up to you to protect

your money because no one else will.

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/item-not-received.html

So go call your card company.

Best of luck.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Hello 'muphin17',

<<Anyone have a solution on how I can get my money back, without telling me to stay within the timeline offered?>>

Nope.  There is no magic solution.  There is only the official 'protection' policy, which you seem

clearly aware of.

If you used a credit card then the chargeback is your only option.  Call the customer service number

for the card NOW because cards also have deadlines.  Chances are you have thrown away your

money.  You and hordes of other honest decent people who unwittingly 'make donations' to sellers

in that country.

When you make the call, have the card statement, email receipts and so on infront of you.  It's your

only hope, and a slim one at that.

In future, never let that day 45 for filing a claim pass you buy.  Period.

Never believe those false promises about replacement items.  Those sellers will not send a replacement

because after this much time they don't have to.

They keep the item, they keep the money, -- and you lose.

If you continue to buy from that country and subsidize their economic growth, that is your decision.

Ebay knows all about the scams and scoundrels and will never do anything.  Read these message

boards.  Oodles of stories just like yours.  Money unwillingly 'donated' to China.

Get to know ebay's guidelines, deadlines, and take them seriously.  It is up to you to protect

your money because no one else will.

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/item-not-received.html

So go call your card company.

Best of luck.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thank you for your reply. I did call my c/c company and their deadline to file a claim had also expired. I called ebay customer service last week (Friday, July 25/14), told them that the seller even specified on his description page that refunds are issued and ebay assured me that they would contact the seller and cc me. I haven't seen or heard anything from either party to date. Maybe more people should complain about the lack of help from ebay as well. This business seems to be ignoring the scams because they are soaking up so much money from the billion dollars in sales.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply