how do I report a seller called me the Chinese = of "c word" when given neg feedback

seller falsely advertising "genuine amber", is NOT, is plastic **bleep**.  When challenged admitted it was so.  I asked seller to remove item or change advertising to stop luring buyers when not genuine and not amber.  When left negative feedback, seller called me the Chinese equivalent of the "c word" (I googled it). 

This seller engages in fraudulent activities to get buyers to purchase garbage and then curses you out (also used the "f word").

Are there not any consequences for this activity and behaviour????

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

how do I report a seller called me the Chinese = of "c word" when given neg feedback

This was in an ebay Message, right? Go to the bottom of the message and click the Report link. There is a 50/50 chance this link won't work because they were moving Help and Contact pages around the last time I tried. If it does work, you'll go to a new screen that asks for details of you and he or she and a copy of the message etc. You will know the report has successfully submit if you receive an email from ebay saying so. Otherwise, call Customer Service.

Also there is a Report function on each listing for non-compliance. If the item is fake, it can be reported. 

This is for Messages that are offensive:

Screen Shot 2015-11-28 at 7.47.36 PM.jpg

This is for listings that break the rules. It is found on the right-hand side of the page, near the middle.

Screen Shot 2015-11-28 at 7.51.50 PM.jpg

Both are only visible if you are looking at these things form a desktop computer.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

There is a Report button on every listing.

You might also consider writing a review of the product you bought, although I am not sure anyone actually reads those.

Call Customer Service about the vulgar language. I take it this was not in a Feedback? Was it in an eBay message?

Call on the weekend, because you will probably get the Phillippines.

The possible advantage of the offshore centre over the Utah call centre is that the workers will be familiar with the concept of other languages. Explain the problem. If necessary ask that you be given a supervisor.

Be polite, of course. It's a tough job.

You can also Report eBay messages, but I think those go to 'bots and the vulgarity would not be 'seen' by them.

You have 60 days to leave feedback. The most effective feedback is calm and factual. 'Product is plastic not amber. Very vulgar reply to complaint."

At the same time you can leave Detailed Seller Ratings. At the moment these are probably more important than feedback. A normal pleasant transaction earns 5 Stars. The lowest Rating is ONE STAR. No stars is a free pass.

You can leave a Response to any FB indefinitely. Again the most effective Responses are calm and factual.

You have 30 days from purchase to open an Item Not As Described dispute with wBay and 180 days with Paypal. As you probably know you would be required to return the unwanted item to the seller with Confirmation of Delivery and that runs $40 or more to Asia. So there's that.

If you back your PP account with a credit card, and I certainly hope you do, you can phone the 1-800 number on the card and ask about a chargeback.

Some cards do not require a return. Others will accept Proof of Shipping which is generally much cheaper than Proof of Delivery.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Good point about the desktop/laptop. Mobiles are convenient, until they are not.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Hmm- FWIW -- I suspect a lot of his 'cosplay' stuff is in breach of copyright. Particularly the Marvel/Captain America and Harry Potter stuff.

What Would Disney Do?

Message 5 of 5
latest reply