Archive 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

eBay Restricting use of outdated Internet Security Protocol

Hi eBay Members, eBay has decided to restrict the use of outdated Internet Security Protocol, SSL 3.0, because we have determined that it does not meet our standards. As such, some Turbo Lister users could see some connectivity issues. For more infor...

Holiday Returns available in Turbo Lister

Hi Turbo Lister Users, The option to apply Holiday Returns in Turbo Lister is now available in the Beta version of the program. When deciding whether or not to be a Beta user, please keep in mind that the beta versions aren't free of bugs, nor are th...

HolidayReturns.jpg

Recent Issues w/Turbo Lister Sign In

Hi Turbo Lister Users, A recent Windows update has caused some programs, including Turbo Lister, to crash. To sign-in to Turbo Lister before the improved Windows update is released, please follow these steps: Open Internet Explorer Open the Tools men...

Upgraded Vacation Hold feature available

Previously, Vacation Hold kept Fixed Price listings from showing up in search results. With the updated Vacation Hold, your Fixed Price listings will be both hidden in search results and unavailable for purchase, so buyers who added your item to thei...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 9 replies
  • 0 helpful

Duplicate listings policy - starting October 26

http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/news/DuplicateListingPolicy.html I think this one is going to hit Asian sellers pretty hard. Especially this portion: I have more than one seller ID. Can I list identical items under different seller IDs? No. T...

• 16 replies
  • 0 helpful

I'm almost retired!

Hi Everyone, Well, as I had said....I was closing my eBay store. I took your advice and have ended all of my listings but will keep my store subscription for another week or two so that buyers will know that I've not flown the coop! I had over 4000 l...

Problem with SYI

Is anyone else having problems with SYI not letting you change from FP to Auction or vice versa? I have been having problems for a couple of days. When I create a new listing it will not let me change it to the proper format. At first I thought it wa...

tracking number question

When I go to my Sold Items and click on the tracking number it shows the following information:date shipping label was printed,the carrier,the shipping cost which is the exact amount inclusive of taxes. Is all this information available to the buyer?...

How do you get customer to sign insurance claim ?

Some 3rd party insurance companies require document with claim information and customer signature. What if customer refuses to sign this and simply files INR with PayPal? Paid for insurance but cannot claim it.

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Finally received a neg :)

Finally got our first neg of the year, together with a Paypal claim. Since we had split the shipment into 2 packages and none were allegedly received, I became suspicious and looked up the buyer's history. 2 months only on eBay and that little puppy ...

• 13 replies
  • 0 helpful

Where is Applications tab on eBay.ca ?

Trying to find this new toold eBay is bragging about: http://pages.ebay.ca/sellerinformation/news/SellerAnalyticsTool.html I did not see Applications tab on .CA only on .COM, perhaps I need to enable it somewhere ? Ok, I just found it here, but I wil...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Combined Shipping Glitch...

I don't know how many others are experiencing this, but when buyers pay for multiple purchases with one payment eBay is charging them the full rate for each item. It's a pain in the a@@ when I have to issue refund because they pay for things separate...

This is a new one....

I sold a cell phone charm to a lady and shipped it to her Florida address back in September. Naturally it is about the cheapest thing I sell which is always where you have the most problems. She didn't pay immediately but, in the meantime, I noticed ...

eBay not allowing partial refunds?

eBay still has not fixed the combined shipping glitch. It is hit and miss as some auctions are combined and some are not. I just sold 2 items to a very good repeat customer. For the second time in a row she paid for both together and was charged the ...

Paypal sellers protection is a big BS

Hi guys, Here is one of my new problem's with Paypal. On may 7th i sold a 1/4 gold maple leaf sealed from the RCM to a guy from New York. I ship the item and provide Paypal with the tracking # The guy receive the item and all was OK until the 1st of ...

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

eBay fees...

Is anyone else getting sick of looking at the fees that we are charged by eBay/PayPal.....listing fees, final value fees, PayPal fees/brutal exchange rates offered by PayPal.....everytime my eBay monthly bill comes in I just shake my head, they have ...

• 12 replies
  • 0 helpful

They must be kidding me ... eBay is hiding again

I do not remember how did I got to call them 2 weeks ago and for the life of me I cannot get to the phone number. I am a gold, called them once in l;this year (= no abuse) and there is no phone number. Is this company for real ?

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Selling in both CAD and USD

To minimize exchange it would be ideal for me if 1/2 of sales were in CAD to cover payroll and my CAD based inventory purchases, and rest in USD to cover most of our inventory purchases. I already encouraged CAD sales on our website by offering exact...

• 9 replies
  • 0 helpful

Canada Post Tracking Info & Shipping Times - Minimal Improvements

Just spent a few minutes entering tracking numbers from recent shipments to see if there has been the promised improvements in tracking & shipping times (for the increased prices we have all incurred). Here are a few that caught my eye today, and I k...

Can't add tracking number in Paypal details.

Since this afternoon, I can't add tracking number in my paypal details any more. I can print Canadapost shipping label but I CAN NOT add the USPS tracking in the payment details.Each time I put the USPS tracking number, it always show this page: ****...

From which category my buyers are viewing my items ?

Hi, I was wondering if it was possible to know from which category an eBay listing has been clicked by other members, when an item is listed in two categories. Thing is, I am wondering if the second category is relevant and pays off... Maybe 98% of m...

When I close my store.....

Hi All, I'll be closing my store on October 31st at midnight. I was over 4000 listings during Christmas of 2009 and I'm now down to 564, down 200 listings from 1 week ago due to a sale that I ran on/off eBay. I want to make sure that when I close my ...

OT: What are you doing over Thanksgiving weekend?

Hi Everyone, It's been quiet here so I thought I would post an off - topic message! So please if you do not want to read it...don't complain! Just curious what all of you will be doing over the Thanksgiving weekend? We're off to Saskatoon tomorrow as...

Problem with "A payment you received has been cancelled"

The problem is that eBay would not update the transaction as unpaid, even though the PayPal transaction ID disapears from sale details, such payment is still showing as pending (hour glass) thus preventing opening an unpaid dispute and claiming the f...

• 9 replies
  • 0 helpful

Selling to government organisations

Had an order from Royal Military College from Kingston, ON for approx $150. Talked to the procurement person, he promised their billing dept would get back to me with check and I naively thinking since it's a reputable organisations, released the ord...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Paypal shipping and tracking #

Wonder if someone can help with the Paypal shipping. Half of my sales are shipped with a tracking number. The way it used to be was the tracking number went into my eBay and showed up automatically, and the item showed as "Shipped". Now I know we now...

Tech Help Please

Hi. For the past 18 hours, I have not been able to log into any of the discussion boards except this one. I get an error message for the U.S. board, seller central, pro buyers, etc, etc. I am also unable to fully complete an "ASQ", getting the same e...

• 10 replies
  • 0 helpful

"Payment Under Review"

Had a 600 dollar order from a new Canadian buyer yesterday. The buyer paid by instant payment via Paypal, as is the case for 99 % of our orders on eBay. eBay shows the $ sign, as in payment received in the summary- looks perfect, and we almost shippe...

When a tracking number isn't a tracking number

For years I have used the Canada Post electronic shipping tools to print all my mailings,knowing full well that US Small Packet Air was not trackable.When Canada Post began to offer a 25% discount for shipping your Ebay stuff through Paypal for certa...

Unpaid Item Assistant Preferences is out of wack! stuck at 32 days

Unpaid Item Assistant is stuck at 32 days. Now I talked to EBay about it but they can't fix it. I want to use this on a bidder who bought some very expensive stuff from me and I know I need to push him. This warning from EBay about paying might do th...

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Stating in October RE: Seller Rating

from the seller dashboard it states "Starting in October, 2010, you'll be able to see details of any Buyer Protection cases, and how they impact your seller ratings. To see how these Resolution Centre cases can affect your standing, see the Buyer Pro...

Fixed Priced Listing Limitations

I received a message from Auctiva today in which they stated another policy change. I try to keep on the changes but don't remember reading anything about this one. Link "This year eBay will help drive a more successful holiday selling season for all...

Unanswered Questions
No posts to display.