lied about item location

listing says item for sale was in Rowland California. tracking number says it is coming from china! is this allowed? I might not have bought it if I had know. are sellers allowed to lie on their listings?  

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

lied about item location

No, and you can Report the violation.

The reason for this is not so much that the item is made in China, since so many things purchased elsewhere are, but slow delivery and the possibility of Canadian duty and sales taxes being added at the border along with the $9.95 Canada Post service fee.

If the item has not arrived after 20 days (normal for shipping from the USA) or 30 days(normal for China, and if you feel generous), open an Item Not Received Dispute and get a refund.

Do NOT whatever happens, allow the seller to offer a replacement. It won't arrive either.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

lied about item location

This is supposed to be against eBay policy but it's still going on. I live in Canada and I always ask the sellers directly now. I don't like waiting 3 months and risking the item never arriving, it's happened to me several times. I'm starting to think there are seller in China that don't even ship the products and use the process like an interest free loan. They have about 3 months from when you make the purchase to issue a refund. They'll just claim it must've been lost in transit.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply