seller hasnt accepted the return request on ebay, only through email, is this normal?

To make it clear, I've never returned anything from ebay so I dont know how the process is supposed to work. I bought 1 naked3 palletes, because they said it was authentic, and i want to return them because they are dupes. I asked for a return and they said they will accept it through email, but not through accepting the refund request I put into ebay. They said they "don't know how". Is this normal, do I get refund approval through the email service and not the "refund request" I opened on the items. They told me through email where to send the items back too, but I dont feel comfortable sending it there unless I know this is how the returning process works. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

seller hasnt accepted the return request on ebay, only through email, is this normal?

mg152
Community Member
Do everything through the resolution center or you won't be covered.
If they don't reply, ask eBay to escalate the claim in your favor. You'll likely get a refund w/o a return.
RIP Jann & Charlie Keller. You followed each other to heaven too soon. We miss you both!

Be nice to other people! You don’t know what’s going on in their life.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

They emailed me and said they would accept the return, but they didn't officially accept the return on the "return request" I made, do they need to accept it? They told me over email where to send it and they said they'd refund me when they get it
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I also told them I wouldn't mail it until they accepted it through the "return request" I put in through ebay and they never responded (I sent the email Friday)
Message 4 of 4
latest reply