won bid item 370688183970paid through paypal. seller refunded reason:ebay cancelled item.Whats my fault why got refund not item ? Pls reply

divyapuneetahuja
Community Member

Hello Ebay, I won bid for item 370688183970 and paid through paypal. But seller returned back payment with reason item/listing cancelled by ebay and he sold it personally to someone else same day. Whats my fault ? Why got payment refund not item while this was won in bidding? If due to any reason listing cancelled by ebay but payment was already reached to seller he should send it to the buyer but sold someone without even asking once to the winning bidder of the item. Being a collector this is really hurting a lot. Please let me know the ebay policy and view regarding this. 

Best Regards

divyapuneetahuja

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Hello divyapuneetahuja,

You have not reached ebay per se, alas, only the message board where members just like you talk to other members.   But it's still a great place to get quick & easy links.  Like this one here:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/policies/selling-practices.html

If you look under where it says Product availability you will see that a seller is not supposed to have an item listed in 2 spots, such as a shop window and ebay at the same time.  On the bright side, at least you got all your money back. 

Infuriating as it is, what you describe is not uncommon.  Whether the item is sold locally, the seller does not get enough at auction, the item breaks (scoff!), whatever, -- people often are surprised to find that just when they think the item will soon be on its way, they get their money back and no item. 

If you are really steamed up about it, way down at the bottom of the link I just provided you will find a Report link and you can use it to complain if you want to.  My personal opinion is that it would be a waste of time.  If it were me, I would be more likely to Save this seller and watch his items to see if he relists this one.  But then, I have grown suspicious with time. 🙂