A CHRISTIAN THREAD

tom_no.1
Community Member
Welcome to a place where Christ should be exalted and "Self" should be abased!!

Welcome to a place where the BIBLE can be discussed rationally, intelligently, and positively without unnecessary argument!!

Welcome to a place where prayer can be requested and encouraged!!

Welcome to a place where positive and encouraging thoughts from scripture can be shared in a caring and loving way!!

Welcome to a place away from all the arguments, recriminations, and negativity of the outside world!!

Welcome to a place of rest and safety!!

Welcome to a place where Philippians 2:3 is practiced: "Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves."

Welcome to this Christian thread.

(Please leave all aggression, bitterness, and philosophy outside the door and please wipe your feet before coming inside!!)

I live in my own little world. But it's OK... They know me Here!

Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. Eph.6:11.
Eph.6:10-17.
Message 1 of 5,136
latest reply
5,135 REPLIES 5,135

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

tom_no.1
Community Member
Nellie, thanks again for this moving poem!!

I AM A CHRISTIAN. . .

When I say... "I am a Christian"
I'm not shouting "I'm clean livin."
I'm whispering "I was lost,"
Now I'm found and forgiven.

When I say..."I am a Christian"
I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble
and need CHRIST to be my guide.

I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak
and need HIS strength to carry on.

I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed
and need God to clean my mess.

I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible
but, God believes I am worth it.

I still feel the sting of pain,
I have my share of heartaches
So I call upon His name.

I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner
who received God's good grace, somehow.

~Maya Angelou~

This reminds me of one of my favorite hymns "only a sinner"

Naught have I gotten but what I received;
Grace hath bestowed it since I have believed;
Boasting excluded, pride I abase;
I'm only a sinner saved by grace!

Only a sinner saved by grace!
This is my story, to God be the glory,

Once I was foolish, and sin ruled my heart,
Causing my footsteps from God to depart;
Jesus has found me, happy my case,
I now am a sinner saved by grace!

Tears unavailing, no merit had I;
Mercy had saved me, or else I must die;
Sin had alarmed me, fearing God's face;
But now I'm a sinner saved by grace!

Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. Eph.6:11.
Message 2 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

tom_no.1
Community Member
Prayer Request!!

Please pray for Julie (mid-life-mom) that she will feel at peace and will come back to join us!!

Message 3 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

tom_no.1
Community Member
Matthew 24:35
Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

Mark 13:31
Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.

Luke 21:33
Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.

Message 4 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

apollosplace
Community Member
Thanks for doing this Tom but I just don't have the heart right now to post. Namaste Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

http://www.geocities.com/ebaypets/contestrules.html
Photobucket
Message 5 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

technotigercat
Community Member
Just popping my head in to say hi.:-) <>
<>
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Vote for Sundance, Tiger or Trance Here
<>
<>
Photobucket
Message 6 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

squiddley_diddley
Community Member
It would be nice to read some inspirational stories that were experienced either by yourself or someone you know -- i.e., someone who has overcome hardship and how they achieved that, also touching stories about love & devotion, people that go above & beyond to help out another human being or a defenseless animal, that kind of thing. We all have our good days & our bad days but it would be nice to come here when you're feeling low and read stories like that.
Message 7 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

tootsiefarklefanny
Community Member
Thanks Tom, for doing this. :-)

Tootsie FarkleFanny

I Don't Skinny Dip. I Chunky Dunk.

Tootsie FarkleFanny

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
Message 8 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

technotigercat
Community Member
There was once a little girl who grew up in an environment where there was violence, alcoholism and had unspeakable abuse that happened to her.

She kept thinking to herself that there was something wrong here, that something was not quite right with the environment that she was growing up in and she vowed that she was going to get an education and break free of the difficult cercumstanced that she was in. In spite of the 'experts' opinion that she will be another statistic in either living on welfare and repeating the cycle of violence and alcoholism, or be killed at a very young age, this little girl worked her way through college and ended up working in the medical field. She married, had two terrific kids and is now living the dream middle-class existance.

Is there hope in this world?

Yes there is.

I am living proof of that.:-) <>
<>

Vote for Sundance, Tiger or Trance Here
<>
<>
Photobucket
Message 9 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

apollosplace
Community Member
Thank you Ramona - you bring hope... Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket
Message 10 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

spendmama
Community Member
This is a story that perhaps not too many people have heard but serves inspiration & faith in fellowmen. . .

It's about two of three tenors - Luciano Pavarotti, Placido Domingo and Jose Carreras who stirred the world through their singing together. Even those who've never visited spain, know of the rivalry between Catalanes and Madrilenos, since the Catalanes are fighting for their autonomy from a Madrid-dominated Spain. It so happens that Placido Domingo is Madrileno and Jose Carreras is Catalan. For political reasons, in 1984, Carreras and Domingo became enemies. Being that they were very popular and much sought after around the world, both stated in their contracts that they would perform only if the other was not invited.

In 1987, Carreras met up witth enemy more implacable than his rival, Placido Domingo. He was taken by surprise with a terrible diagnosis: Leukemia!! His fight against cancer was a painful one. He was subjected to numerous treatments, besides having a bone marrow transplant and blood transfusions that forced him to travel to the US once a month. Unable to work under these conditions, though he possessed a considerable fortune, the high cost of these trips and medical treaments depleted his finances.

When at the end of his financial ability, he discovered a foundation in Madrid, the sole purpose of which was the support of treatment for the sufferers of leukemia.

Thanks to the support from the "Hermosa Foundation", Carreras conquered the disease and returned to singing. Once again He attained an elevated and deserved status and attempted to join the Foundation. Readint their by-laws, he discovered that the founder, leading contributor and president of the Foundation was Placido Domingo.

He later found out that Placido had originally formed this organization to help him with his treatment, but had chosen to remain anonyumous in order to not humiliate him in accepting help from his "enemy".

The most moving part of this story is their encounter. . .

Surprising Placido at one of his performances in Madrid, Carreras interrupted the event and humbly knelt at his feet, asked him forgiveness and publicly thanked him. Placido helped him up and with a big hug they sealed the beginning of a great friendship.

In an interview with Placido Domingo, a reporter asked him why he had created the "Hermosa Foundation" at a time when, besides benefitting an "enemy", he had helped the only other artist that was his competitor.

His answer was short and definite: We cannot afford to lose a voice like that..."

This is one of those true stories of human kindness and should serve as an example and inspiration.

So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets. - Jesus
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then there will be peace.

Photobucket
Knowledge is not enough, we must apply; willing is not enough, we must do. - Unknown
Message 11 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

apollosplace
Community Member
Thank you Nellie - I had never heard that story but it is certainly one worth telling. Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket
Message 12 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

squiddley_diddley
Community Member
Wonderful stories! It's so pleasant to read something like that and it helps to restore your faith in human kindness & decency. Keep them coming folks! :-x
Message 13 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

Nice story, but unfortunately not true...

In relation to the information published in different websites referring to a supposed financing by a Hermosa Foundation and Mr. Plácido Domingo of Mr. José Carreras’ leukaemia treatment, the José Carreras International Leukaemia Foundation and Mr. José Carreras himself feel compelled to deny all this information, especially refuting that any relationship exists or has ever existed between the pretend Hermosa Foundation and Mr. Carreras. No financial assistance from Mr. Domingo or from said Hermosa Foundation, whose existence is totally unknown to him — or from any other source — was either requested or received.

Moreover, Mr. José Carreras has a special interest in stating that friendship, profound admiration, and mutual respect have always presided his relationship with Mr. Domingo. Mr. José Carreras has started legal action in defence of his own interest and right to honour and has the firm intention of legally acting against any person or corporation publishing non-confirmed and untrue information about him.

http://www.fcarreras.org/eng/noticies2.php?id=64
Message 14 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

squiddley_diddley
Community Member
Oh well ..... I'm sure there are many other stories similar to that one that are ture.
Message 15 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

My wife grew up in the Philippines. Her family lived in a Nipa hut similar to the one in the photo, with no electricity in a small rice farming village, and the water was from an outside small hand pumped well.

Once a typhoon blew away their Nipa hut along with all of their possessions, photos, birth certificates, everything.

While many young ladies went to Japan to work as “comfort workers” or whatever they call themselves these days to send money home, my wife and her 2 sisters chose the hard way to still keep their dignity intact. They went to Hong Kong to work as Nannies. Sixteen hours a day, 6 days a week, constantly being told by their Chinese employers that they were inferior to them. They managed to buy a lot and have a concrete block house built for their parents, with electricity, and had a deeper well dug with an electric pump. They also bought a motorcycle with a sidecar for the family transportation. They got their first TV in 1992. They worked in Hong Kong for 8 years before I met her.

In 1993 we were married and we had the electricity redone in their house because it looked unsafe to me. We also had an indoor shower installed for them.

They got their first fridge in 1999. Today we lease rice farm land that they manage for an income.

My wife and her sisters have always had a great faith in God and are a source of inspiration for me. I am very proud of my wife’s family.

Ralphie
Message 16 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

squiddley_diddley
Community Member
Now that's a tale of true courage, that's for sure. It sounds like your wife is a great lady and I bet it takes a lot to get her down -- lucky you!
Message 17 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

lr4941
Community Member
What happened to the other Christian thread?

(Not that there's anything wrong with this one)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 18 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

blue-rubychick
Community Member
Beautiful story Ralph, thanks for sharing that... 🙂
Photobucket
Message 19 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

blue-rubychick