A message from Adam Ireland, VP and GM, (((((eBay US)))))

Recent announcement on dot com directed at the US marketplace. As far as I can find this was never posted on ca.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/A-message-from-Adam-Ireland-VP-and-GM-eBay-US/ba-p/33305...

Of note the following:

Which brings me to the connections I look forward to building with you. As I step into this role, I promise that I — and all of eBay — will remain laser-focused on listening to you, responding to your needs, and championing the growth of your businesses.

-Lotz

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Corporate speak.
I personally dislike "champion" being used as a verb.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

Recent announcement on dot com directed at the US marketplace. As far as I can find this was never posted on ca.

Why should it have been posted on .ca?  The announcement is from the eBay US executive mucky-muck.  eBay Canada, as small as it is in comparison, has its own executive team.

I realize that--to paraphrase a former Prime Minister--if the US elephant sneezes, the Canadian mouse catches a cold, but posting coronation speeches from other eBay jurisdictions doesn't make much overall sense.  When's the last time we've seen an announcement from, say, eBay UK or eBay France executives?

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

There should be the same level of support/implementation of tweaks provided to eBay sellers on both sites. I refuse to defend poor business practices when the conditions should mirror (as per eBay) admins that have popped by in the past and pop in going forward. Should be the same for listing visibility..... but is it?

-Lotz

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

...more corporate "gobbledegook", nothing more, nothing less, it's just eBay and their...

Message 5 of 5
latest reply