A seller here, a seller there; my note to you all !

For weeks I have been reading about various issues and complaints regarding online shopping / shipping / delivery, especially with the time-sensitivity of Christmas factored in.

To add a little balance, I'd like to put in my 2-cents worth of praise for the absolutely awesome service I have encountered right across the board this holiday season. 110% satisfaction with all of my sellers.

I am experiencing lessened mobility, and as such, I find it difficult to get to and navigate overcrowded and noisy, packed, stores, with overtired employees and out of stock items. While I have always augmented my seasonal shopping with online purchases, this year found me accomplishing 100% ( ok, maybe 99) of my purchasing online.

I have always (ok, 99 %) had excellent experiences with eBay sellers, and especially so with CTS sellers ( thank you!), from which I have made many sales over the years. To a newbie reading this board, i'm afraid that some might think twice about buying from a selection of these board sellers, as unfortunately, some of them sound like they have a built-in chip on their shoulders regarding their 'buyers in general'. Personally, I've found them to be highly commendable in practically all aspects, so good thing I'm not a newbie;)

My Etsy experiences are about equal for praise as Ebay. Sellers have gone out of their way to ship quickly and economically.

I used Amazon dot com for any Gifts needed to shipped to the US, and they mostly included gift-wrapping. For Canadian gifts, Amazon dot ca and Chapters-Indigo took care of gift-wrapping and delivery by either postal or courier service, both as lightning-fast as the US Amazon.

I don't know if it was standard service, or if I had extra service, due to my large number of packages, but for the last couple of weeks before Christmas my mail person came right to the door with parcels ( and I'm in the boonies) instead of leaving a pick-up card for the post office.

I can't say enough good about the fabulous service I received this year; it was truly over-the- top.

I regret not buying more 'locally' this year, but things are what they are. For now, anyway.

Sellers, thank you. Your efforts are appreciated.
Beware of kittens with red bows, bullies in bandannas, and whining broken records.

€ Lucifleur

~Lucifleur
Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

OMGosh, I wrote that with precise and carefully-laid out paragraphs, not one big jumble, as eBay has formatted 😞

Sorry:(

Beware of kittens with red bows, bullies in bandannas, and whining broken records.

€ Lucifleur

~Lucifleur
Message 2 of 18
latest reply

It is not possible to read for me with no paragraphs. Sorry.

How did you write it? In Word and copy paste into the forum?  Always Preview before posting to see how copy/paste looks like.

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

OMGosh, I wrote that with precise and carefully-laid out paragraphs, not one big jumble, as eBay has formatted 😞

Sorry:(

Yeah yeah

Blame eBay    😉

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

I've tried posting half at a time, re-doing, etc.  It appears perfectly paragraphed, but when I preview it returns to one big jumble again.  Repeatedly.  I even tried a new topic/post altogether, but still no go.  

This is very frustrating; I am actually not as inarticulate as my post makes me out to be 😛

Ha, so now it works.  Not on my original, tho.  

€ Lucifleur

~Lucifleur
Message 5 of 18
latest reply

Here I will try.

But you can retain the copyright  🙂

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

In the new topic it formats properly, but without the title!  It asks to have the title filled in, but when I do, it reverts to the bad formatting.  It's bizarre!

€ Lucifleur

~Lucifleur
Message 7 of 18
latest reply

My attempted re post

almond_t  retains copyright and should receive alll royalty cheques.

For weeks I have been reading about various issues and complaints regarding online shopping / shipping / delivery, especially with the time-sensitivity of Christmas factored in.

To add a little balance, I'd like to put in my 2-cents worth of praise for the absolutely awesome service I have encountered right across the board this holiday season. 110% satisfaction with all of my sellers.

I am experiencing lessened mobility, and as such, I find it difficult to get to and navigate overcrowded and noisy, packed, stores, with overtired employees and out of stock items. While I have always augmented my seasonal shopping with online purchases, this year found me accomplishing 100% ( ok, maybe 99) of my purchasing online.

I have always (ok, 99 %) had excellent experiences with eBay sellers, and especially so with CTS sellers ( thank you!), from which I have made many sales over the years.

To a newbie reading this board, i'm afraid that some might think twice about buying from a selection of these board sellers, as unfortunately, some of them sound like they have a built-in chip on their shoulders regarding their 'buyers in general'. Personally, I've found them to be highly commendable in practically all aspects, so good thing I'm not a newbie                         My Etsy experiences are about equal for praise as Ebay.

Sellers have gone out of their way to ship quickly and economically. I used Amazon dot com for any Gifts needed to shipped to the US, and they mostly included gift-wrapping. For Canadian gifts, Amazon dot ca and Chapters-Indigo took care of gift-wrapping and delivery by either postal or courier service, both as lightning-fast as the US Amazon.

I don't know if it was standard service, or if I had extra service, due to my large number of packages, but for the last couple of weeks before Christmas my mail person came right to the door with parcels ( and I'm in the boonies) instead of leaving a pick-up card for the post office.

I can't say enough good about the fabulous service I received this year; it was truly over-the- top. I regret not buying more 'locally' this year, but things are what they are.

For now, anyway. Sellers, thank you. Your efforts are appreciated.

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

I left out your smilies  :_|

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

Ha, that is EXACTLY how it was supposed to be!  

((Thanks, Karl!!))

i was getting ready to just summarize with

THANKS, ALL MY SELLERS!!

€ Lucifleur

~Lucifleur
Message 10 of 18
latest reply

I copied and pasted into "Microsoft Office" then used the enter key to create paragraphs.

And copied and pasted from "Microsoft Office" to the discussion boards.

I do most of my shopping online also.

I don't like crowds.

Here is a good reason not to shop in person.

http://fastestvideos.com/view/217/People-of-Walmart-2-Music-Video.html

:^O

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

OMGosh, I'm soooooo going to go on a diet!!  The day might come when I have no choice but to drag my sorry ASCII  iinto  Walmart!

( I think I know what was wrong...I had 40 apps still running in the background.  Neglected to  shut them down over  the  past couple of days, I guess)

€ Lucifleur

~Lucifleur
Message 12 of 18
latest reply

I do most of my shopping online also.

As much as possible, I try to patronize local merchants - especially the small independents.  You sometimes have to pay a bit more, but it is worth it.  Great service!  Lots of smiles and friendly greetings.  I have a Walmart within walking distance but avoid it unless I absolutely have to -- try to find someone to help you in that place.  I have a number of chains near me like Pet Valu that are run by franchisee owners.  I have a local beauty salon that has gift cards - the ladies on my list love this kind of gift.  I gave my son gift certificate from the local barber - he had to hand-write it. 

To me, helping to keep these people in business is a big part of the Christmas season.

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

To me, helping to keep these people in business is a big part of the Christmas season.

I agree....but not only Christmas....but year round. People's laziness in many cases to buy online when what they want can be had near them which keeps businesses, especially small businesses alive and jobs available is far more important. 

Photobucket
Message 14 of 18
latest reply

In 100 % agreement with you, Puck.  ( hrmm...gives new meaning to the expression 'across the board', doesn't it!;)

We all have a vested interest in shopping locally, and food is so much better when it comes from 'just around the corner', for sure. I gladly pay  a premium for good food, and I am happy to be able to access organic.  

For gift shopping, though, online is easier for me at this time.  Unless I hired a personal shopper,  this is as good as it gets for now.   Walmart will not get my business.

€ Lucifleur

~Lucifleur
Message 15 of 18
latest reply

Unless I hired a personal shopper,  this is as good as it gets for now.

Not sure how it works in Ontario.  My mother had limited mobility near the end of her life.  She contacted the United Way.  They hooked her up with a volunteer who called her twice a week; got a list of what she needed and went shopping for her.  DIdn't need to hire anyone.

Message 16 of 18
latest reply

So nice to receive your thank you!!!

Message 17 of 18
latest reply

Puck, thanks for the heads up 🙂

However, the personal shopper I was thinking of (should have used " " s!) was of a more exotic nature, and would traverse  the globe in search of just the right trinkets for me! 😉  Facetious, yes!

Fortunately, I am not in dire straits, but merely have had to switch up my ways of doing things for the time being to ease up on my physical workload.  I.E. Work smarter.

I'm glad your mother was able to access volunteer community care when she needed it.   

Lucitabby, my subtitle could have been 'The best I ever had..'   😉

€ Lucifleur

~Lucifleur
Message 18 of 18
latest reply