NHL hockey coming back!

valve37
Community Member

Tentative deal announced this am will bring them back as early as the 15th for a 50 game schedule.

Go Leafs go!

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/01/06/lockout-over-nhl-players-reach-tentative-deal-on-cba

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are."--Unknown
Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

NHL hockey coming back!

Valve - Just noticed you get your news from the Toronto Sun !  That explains a lot!

Personally, I would have preferred they skip the season completely.  The Blue Jays are coming in April with a fantastic team deserving front page every day in the Sports section. Now, we will see hockey until the mid point of the baseball season. 😞

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

NHL hockey coming back!

I was getting used to a TV with no violence.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

NHL hockey coming back!

Hoisting the cup will be, should be embarrassing.  Give me Junior hockey nowadays. 

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

NHL hockey coming back!

Never could understand the obsession for a game where people will idolize spoiled and way overpaid players, whose major ‘goal’ is to put a hard black piece of rubber inside a net. Meanwhile there are countless other people and groups out there just scraping by.

I agree with Pierre….”Now, we will see hockey until the mid point of the baseball season”.

Maybe there should be no strikes or lockouts for hockey. Where’s the legislation!!!!

Now might be the time for people to ignore hockey and teach the players and owners that the ‘fans’ aren’t there at their beck and call.

Photobucket
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

NHL hockey coming back!

Glad to see them back. Will probably subscribe to Jets TV again.

Traditional hockey markets will probably not skip a beat but some franchises may not recover. Hopefully one does not recover which can only mean, Welcome Back Nordiques.

Now that my team got trounced by the Packers last night, i welcome back hockey.

I 'm with Pierre, looking forward to the Blue Jays this season. Pitching is all-world, lets hope they keep healthy.

Blue Jays caravan is in town this weekend with Bautista. Good luck getting anywhere near them.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

NHL hockey coming back!

valve37
Community Member

"Now, we will see hockey until the mid point of the baseball season."

Don't watch it then, read the Toronto Sun instead. 😉

Baseball, like watching paint on a wall dry. Except when Bautista comes to bat! 

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are."--Unknown
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

NHL hockey coming back!

Never could understand the obsession for a game where people will idolize spoiled and way overpaid players, whose major ‘goal’ is to put a hard black piece of rubber inside a net.

Sounds a lot like lacrosse without the big paychecks.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

NHL hockey coming back!

Traditional hockey markets will probably not skip a beat but some franchises may not recover. Hopefully one does not recover which can only mean, Welcome Back Nordiques.

There are at least six franchises in the U.S. that may not survive this latest debacle.  If any of them fold, it is unlikely that a franchise will come to Quebec City.  There is a lack of a suitable arena.  And a lack of interest in building one. 

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

NHL hockey coming back!

Great news that the NHL is back. A shortened 48 game season.

More great news for Toronto Maple Leaf fans.

The Leafs can't lose more than 48 games this season!

(Plagiarized from a fan comment to the news somewhere when reading the link provided.)

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

NHL hockey coming back!

Hopefully, this will bring back the hockey card business.  Need some more free listings to kick start it.

Although, I was bidding on some stuff today.  The activity was better than I have seen it for a while.  Lots of bidders and excellent prices - which means I didn't buy a lot.  In the past month, there have been some great bargains out there - but  that appears to be over.

As to watching hockey - yawn!  I will stick to the Knights games.  Especially after Canada tanked in the World Juniors.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

NHL hockey coming back!

What do the Leafs have in common with the Jays?

They can't play hockey.

What do the Leafs have in common with the narwhales?

They get confused when surrounded by ice.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

NHL hockey coming back!

Do you know why they will never give an NHL Franchise to Hamilton?

Because if they do, then Toronto will want one.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply