Bought One of the Strangest Pieces I have bought in Years While Picking Yesterday

Yesterday I went out Antique Picking and Purchased on of the Strangest Pieces I have bought in Years I thrive on Strange items and very rarely pass them up unless offensive etc

Great thing about Picking one never knows what one will find

Part of the Challenge  and Fun of doing so

6 cm's long  by 2 cm's in height it is shaped as a Cast Iron Coffin that swings open at the top.  Only way to describe it is it is a Novelty/Gag item from 1900 or so  On one end there is a cast button that one presses.  It gives the impression that one needs to do this to get the top to swing open. This was made in France by a well known toy producer of the time 

Thing is that is not what it does. If one presses it there is a small pin that appears and will jab ones finger or thumb. Not my idea of a Fun item. The pin is very sharp and can draw blood if pressed hard but guess some would find it funny to fool others. I have seen a few other items that do this too.  Wonder how many on the receiving end felt this was funny?

Very detailed   there may have been a small lead figure such as a pig in it.  Some of the Literature said there was a figure  in it

Some did not. This does not have a figure in it. May be missing or did not have anything

It is a mystery. Reading the literature (very little)  there are only a handful that have shown up over the last 20 years or so

It is going Out For Sale but will be with me and folk will be told what happens to make sure the consequences of pressing it are identified first.  No way do I want people pressing this without one knowing what will happen. Could see a whole lot of problems occurring if not disclosed

A very strange and macabre piece. I know it will sell it is So Out There

weavers

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0