Daddy Dalton is stepping down.

http://www.am980.ca/news/local/story.aspx?ID=1982686

Maybe he'll join his brother in federal politics so we can get rid of the lieberals altogether.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Dalton is no loss. I never really liked him from the beginning but.....he was the only choice really left after the Mike Harris years. Personally I think if it ever comes to light the full truth about the gas plant fiasco or the wind power (if there were any shady dealings), then he should be prosecuted and as far as I am concerned take away everything he owns to pay back the people of Ontario. That's probably not possible but, it's what should happen.

I've never quite understood this 'Liberal', 'Conservative', or even NDP 'herding'. I don't know what makes some people can get themselves practically baptized to a party! A majority of politicians are sleazy or corrupt or ....well pick any other word you would like to define untrustworthy. Just the fact that they are in 'politics' dictates that they have to play the 'game' and that means they have to be anything but honest, especially to the people. Any reasonably honest politician doesn't have a chance in a party or with the electorate because we are not taught to think out of the box.

Photobucket
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

valve37
Community Member

One wonders if this move will free him somewaht from the OPP gasgate investigation. Can't be called to testify or be charged?

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are."--Unknown
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

No politician would go after him.

It would set a precedent to go after all corrupt politicians in the future, including themselves.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

It would set a precedent to go after all corrupt politicians in the future, including themselves.

Good point, but the Crown could lay charges if they have enough evidence of some sort of wrong doing.

Photobucket
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Cancel my previous comment. Thinking about it a bit more.......we hire these people and then we let them use our money and if they mess up......it's just a 'mistake'. The only real answer is for the 'people' to insist on new rules governing politicians.

Glad I didn't vote for McGuinty. 

Photobucket
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Glad I didn't vote for McGuinty

unless you live in Ottawa there is NO WAY you could have!!

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Voting Liberal was voting for McGuinty, as voting Conservative is voting for Harper or Hudak.

Photobucket
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

come back and your still WRONG!!!  Man Surprised

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

What happened to voting for the best local candidate when you're not happy with any of the leaders?

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

What happened to voting for the best local candidate when you're not happy with any of the leaders?

It's a Catch 22 because of our system..........which needs total changing. I've said that many times. Get rid of the party system. Vote for your local representative. Vote for the PM. Establish new rules to make them all not only accountable but responsible for their promises they do not keep or the massive schemes they pull at taxpayer expense.

Photobucket
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Message 12 of 12
latest reply