Geography lesson for PBI

dawso-do
Community Member

I have been tracking an item I purchased Nov. 27, 2021.  It is supposed to be delivered Dec. 28, 2021.  I know that it isn't due here yet, but when it supposedly cleared customs in Toronto, Canada Dec. 7, 2021 and then no further progress, I decided to attempt to discover the reason for the apparent inaction.  I now dispair of ever seeing my $350.00 item again as PBI showed me a map of where my item was: Toronto, Prince Edward Island, Canada.  How could a company (the largest shipping company in the world, I'm told) send an item to a non-existant destination?  Do I ever have a chance of getting my item?  What do I do now, cross my fingures and hope for the best?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Geography lesson for PBI

It is common for gsp tracking not to update until shortly before it is delivered so at this point,  I wouldn't be concerned.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Geography lesson for PBI

marnotom!
Community Member

The PBI tracking site map shows all shipments for which I've checked the tracking as headed for Prince Edward Island.  

I'd chalk it up as a glitch.

While there may be some comfort in knowing roughly where your item is (remember, tracking only shows the last scan location, it's not a real-time GPS pinpoint), it's more important to receive your item in the timeframe and condition stated on the listing page.  If the last estimated delivery date hasn't passed yet, there's nothing to get too concerned about.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Geography lesson for PBI

Never watch tracking.

Tracking is a Seller Protection- and GSP was designed as a Seller Protection to encourage US xenophobes to ship internationally.

Your BUYER PROTECTION is the delivery deadline eBay gave you.

Which is Dec 28- eleven calendar days from now - and six business days.

Mark that date on your calendar, and if it passes without delivery, open a Dispute for ItemNot Recieved.

If GSP (not the seller, GSP) cannot prove delivery (not shipping, Delivery) you will be refunded.

And GSP has good insurance and deep pockets. They are prompt to respond with refunds.

When the shipment actually arrives, the GSP really doesn't want it back.

So there's that.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply