Opportunity awaits...

218785824_4242626689117212_2107843770208405892_n.jpg

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Opportunity awaits...

@reallynicestamps 

I used to refer to 1-800-ITS-LOST (feature 7) with past experiences for the featured company. They've improved in the recent times. It definitely helps to get to know the route driver and your expectations. Reading notes has NEVER been a strongsuit of theirs. Dealt with them off and on since early 80'ies.

-Lotz

PS. If you call the official toll line you can put specific requests on file. In situations where it gets really bad you can file an official report but best to use only as a last resort.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Opportunity awaits...

lol at stamps post. :😁

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Opportunity awaits...

I ordered something from Costco a while back and when my husband got home he asked why there was a package in middle of the driveway.  Apparently the UPS driver didn't feel like carrying it to the front porch and/or ringing the doorbell.  It was heavy but it still isn't right to leave it in the driveway.  I have no idea when it was delivered but I'm glad that it was still there when hubby got home.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Opportunity awaits...

I have mentioned this before

Years ago I was nearly bought out by a American Dealer.  He left my Postcards my games and my Trains, about 800 plus items were sold. 

We arranged for UPS to take these to Reno Nevada  from Ontario.  

UPS misplaced  the stock for 4 plus months. They guaranteed me they had the items somewhere but were not sure where

Finally found them. They left Canada with it  and first went to Seattle Washington to pick up some more  items going to Reno.  Parked the Van in their facility there to leave the next day.  They left on time but took another Van  and did not load my items on it.  As a result my stock sat at their facility for 4 months and was found when they went to use that van again

The guy who bought these items used UPS all the time and had experienced delays before so he was pretty calm about it.  The  Other problem was UPS was not going to accept the payment means  for it. They demanded payment upfront.  My customer was paying for it had a massive account with them . He finally  got ahold of The CEO at home had a heated conversation with him and problem solved.  He threatened to cancel his account with them

My one and only experience with UPS  Never again

That was just one part of the comedy of errors that occured with this shipment.  Customs held it for a week before letting it go through. The Bank of Commerce lost the Cheque ( was never found)  He finally cancelled the cheque and transfered the payment to my bank.  After I had a go with  Customs again trying to collect Duty Etc.  My customer was paying all costs.  They came at me and  took about 3 weeks to get that worked out.  They told me they could not sue me but  if I did not pay but my name would be added to a list at the Border and was told if I tried to enter the US they could and would take Legal Action against me.  Finally was able to get them to understand I was not the one paying it. Once my customer received their invoice it was paid within a hour

What Fun!  I experienced a lot of stress and developed many gray hairs. Can laugh about it now but not at the time

weavers

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Opportunity awaits...

marnotom!
Community Member
In fairness, all the carriers coming to my door right now are practising “knock and run,”
although I was surprised by one FedEx carrier who delivered an international express shipment to me the other day who stuck around to see my face before keying something into his portable scanner. 🤷
Message 6 of 6
latest reply