Time for Tourtiere Once Again

Best Wishes to All for a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Just completed baking five tourtieres (including a large one)

http://pierrelebel.com/lists/Tourtiere.htm

Bon Appetit

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Merry Christmas Everyone. Smiley Very Happy

Unless each day can be looked back upon by an individual
as one in which he has had some fun, some joy, some
real satisfaction, that day is a loss.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

My first batch of Christmas cookies is almost gone. Ian took them to his stamp and bridge club gatherings.

Today I bake my sister's Real Scottish Shortbread. It's chilling in the fridge while I run to catch the last mailing before Christmas.

Merry Christmas to our Christian friends.

Happy Channukah to our Jewish friends.

To our pagan friends who just celebrated the Winter Solstice, thanks for bringing back the sun!

To our Muslim friends, a blessed Id al-Adha.

Many happy returns of Kwanzaa as well.

And for the rest of you- there is Festivus. Feats of strength and an airing of grievances in case the Board isn't enough. (Hmm. Is this why Raphael left us so soon?)

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Wishing you and your family a very happy Christmas Pierre! We're eating our tourtière for supper tonight, crab cakes for Christmas Eve. Thanks for one of my favourite recipes!

And a very merry Christmas to all the boardies!

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

"...My first batch of Christmas cookies is almost gone..."

Mary is up to six large batches of cookies in the last two weeks.  Mostly gone already (we visited the kids and grandkids last Sunday in Toronto!).

Tell Ian I will be in touch early next year to have his auction house in Ottawa handle the remaining of my stamp inventory.  The sad reality is that my eyesight is not getting any better and Mary insists "stamps have to go".

And life does go on.

Best Wishes for Christmas and the New Year.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Merry Christmas to you, Pierre. You have ben missed. Take care in the New Year. 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Oh Pierre, you are a gem! I copied your recipe once in 2004 or 05 but then I misplaced it. I thought many times how I would like to make it again. Thanks again for posting. Happy New Year! 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply