eBay Workshop with Canada Post: Thursday, July 7, from 1-2 PM ET

carly@ebay.com
Community Member
Please join us on Thursday, July 7, from 1-2 PM ET for a workshop with Canada Post. Kim from Canada Post will be here to answer all of your questions about Canada Post and how you use the various services with your eBay business.

If you are not able to attend, you can leave your questions here in advance of the workshop and they will be answered during the workshop, and you can come back in and check the answers.

Hope you can join us!

Carly
Message 1 of 67
latest reply
66 REPLIES 66

One question which I had was not fully answered last time. It has to do with packages that cube at a larger weight than their physical weight. It was stated that Canada Post has to cover their costs for transporting the item and a larger item takes up more space. It was also mentioned about other carriers doing the same thing.

My question is why when sending this same package to the US, when all Canada Post has to do is get it to the border, we still get charged based on the full cube weight eventhough USPS does not cube items and they are doing half the delivery.

I hope I have explained this better this time.

Thanks
Message 2 of 67
latest reply

chikadee500
Community Member
I was wondering if Canada Post would consider flat rate boxes within Canada sort of like their prepaid envelopes but boxes. It would help to encourage Canadians to shop within their own borders more. Thank you
Message 3 of 67
latest reply

techgamez
Community Member
I agree with Chikadee, it would be highly suggested that as they have the prepaid envelopes and boxes for express post that they would make one at least for Expedited for Venture one Card holders within Canada, this would increase business within Canada.

I would also suggest that they offer prepaid enevlopes and boxes for Express Post USA / International and Expedited USA. This would make things easier not just for ust but for them too. USPS has express envelopes that you can put objects inside.

Love is like Pepsi...Ask 4 More

Message 4 of 67
latest reply

canuckaloo
Community Member
I'd like to be able to print lettermail postage at home, like I do parcel postage with the Electronic Shipping Tools.

Message 5 of 67
latest reply

scouttech-outfitters
Community Member
One thing I really need to know is will Canada Post ever offer a signature option on any of their services for those sending parcels to the United States. The reason I ask is because PayPal will not insure parcels of over $250.00 USD in value if they are not sent to the USA with the signature option.

I do all the rest of my shipping with CP, but because Canada Post is unable to meet this simple need, I am forced to send all of my shipments with a value of over $200USD through UPS as they are able to offer this feature.

Thanks,

modern_tech_solutions
Message 6 of 67
latest reply

hatrick007
Community Member
Hello Kim! I'll post this in advance here since I'll be away at the time. My main question is lettermail.

How come Canada Post is going to raise the price of shipping a CD to the USA from 1.70 up to 3.95 (and thats only surface)...?
I have heard many reasons why this must be done such as customs issues with the USA. If this price increase is due to a USA customs issue, then why must there also be a price increase for international shipping as well?

Also, if it really is a customs issue, then why can we not simply slap on a CN22 Green Customs sticker onto CDs being sent by lettermail thus solving the customs issue.

This whole thing essentially seems like a cash grab by CP as with USPS you can ship items from the USA to Canada for a mere $1.10... in US dollars, yet from Canada we are going to have to ship items for $3.95 for surface small packets or 5.60 (I think ) to send it by airmail as lettermail currently is.

IS there really no better solution to this situation other than over tripling the price of shipping a CD if we want to ship airmail to the USA?

Thanks in advance for your response, and please dont put me out of business.
JP
Message 7 of 67
latest reply

zeddosaurus
Community Member
Re International Letterpost:

1) Can photographs, magazines, stamps and other paper items sold on eBay be shipped via International Lettermail?

2) What is the reason for not allowing CDs, clothing or other goods to be shipped Letterpost?

3) Why can't we print lettermail postage using EST?

Zeddo
Message 8 of 67
latest reply

zeddosaurus
Community Member
oops...in #1 in my previous post, lettermail=Letterpost
Message 9 of 67
latest reply

thomasj7342
Community Member
I know many people already talked about that issue,but I think we all agree that it's really important.
----------------
With the new regulations about international letter-post,the rate for sending a cd,pocket book etc...increased by 330%from $1,70 to $5,60(air small packet=letter-post)
----------------
That is almost dishonest and unacceptable for a company like Canada Post.Can you please clearly explain us,the thousands of customers, the raison d'être of this prohibitive hiking.

Thank you
Message 10 of 67
latest reply

Why has Canada Post not created a shipping calculator that works with ebay?

thanks,amanda
Message 11 of 67
latest reply

jccomp18
Community Member
Today I send an OEM Software (CD with a small booklet, Manual) through the ExpressPost 3-5 days to USA and it cost me CAD$20.35

I paid 0.99 for the Bubble Mailer so the item came in it pretty nicely. I think i or the canada post rep. messed up somewhere because $20.35 for sending something as small as this is way too much

I want to know the cheapest way i could send such items again using your service. The Canada Post employees are not very helpful also, every question of mine was being answered with a long pause..very bad service

thanks
Message 12 of 67
latest reply

(not a questions but a statement)

I use the main PO in Nanaimo, BC - The people there are the best - So super helpful & nice!
Message 13 of 67
latest reply

Most buyers find out the hard way, but insurance through Canada Post only covers the cost of the item and not the selling price. If we are purchasing insurance, as long as we can support the sales price why will Canada Post not insure the full value like USPS does.

The result of not adjusting the insurance policy means that some sellers have to buy additional insurance or look at ways of shipping from the US.
Message 14 of 67
latest reply

chiantay
Community Member
Since Canada Post's new over-inflated rates will likely put me out of business, are there any job openings at Canada Post?
Message 15 of 67
latest reply

Is there any way to have an Expedited UK and a better rate than Expresspost International? We simply cannot compete with our USA neighbours.

There has to be better way than Air with a limit of CA$100 coverage and a better price than Expresspost International.... TimelessClassicElegance

Elaine
TimelessClassicElegance
View Elaine Serafini's profile on LinkedIn
Message 16 of 67
latest reply

Make that Expedited Australia as well :) TimelessClassicElegance

Elaine
TimelessClassicElegance
View Elaine Serafini's profile on LinkedIn
Message 17 of 67
latest reply

canadapost2
Community Member
Hi everyone,

I'm happy to be here. I look forward to answering all of your questions.

Kim
:-)
Message 18 of 67
latest reply

laird@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello Everyone!

Thank you for joining us. Let's welcome Kim from Canada Post again to Canada Town Square.

We are ready to get started.

Cheers,
::laird
Message 19 of 67
latest reply

canadapost2
Community Member
Hi chikadee500 and techgamez

On Flat rate boxes. We had those and then had to stop them for lack of uptake..

Flat rate prepaid boxes were introduced a few years ago for Xpresspost. They have since been discontinued due to lack of adoption. We still offer Xpresspost prepaids (including US and Int’l destinations) in a variety of sizes that may suit your needs.

We are open to the idea of looking at reintroducing.

- Kim
Message 20 of 67
latest reply