GST HST

Where on Ebays site can I find the amount of GST/HST Ebay submitted on my behalf per month

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

GST HST

Payments>Reports>Tax invoices

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

GST HST

Appreciate it  Thanks

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

GST HST

phc64
Community Member

I believe the 'tax invoices' only indicate the taxes we sellers were charged on our eBay fees, not the taxes eBay collected from our buyers on our behalf and remitted to the relevant tax authorities.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

GST HST

For taxes collected from buyers by eBay and remitted to proper tax authority: Performance>Sales>Taxes and Fees>Collected by eBay

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

GST HST

Oops my bad, thanks for pointing out I had given the wrong tax info...have since indicated where to find the taxes as collected by eBay from the buyers ...

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

GST HST

phc64
Community Member

I just wanted to point out that the amount indicated at Performance>Sales>Taxes and Fees>Collected by eBay is the total of all sales taxes collected by eBay, not just the sales taxes collected by eBay on behalf of the seller.

As a GST/HST registrant based in Ontario, the only taxes collected by eBay on my behalf are GST/HST. The 'taxes and fees collected by eBay' amount also includes PST/QST from buyers located in other provinces as well as foreign taxes, which eBay is required to collect but which it does not collect on my behalf.

The actual amount collected by eBay on my behalf and which eBay is supposed to remit to the CRA on my behalf (and for which I would be liable should eBay fail to do so, per the Election or Revocation of an Election by a Principal and the Prinicipal's Agent: Responsibility for Collecting, Reporting and Remitting the GST/HST and the QST document that eBay required me to sign) does not appear to be indicated anywhere.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply