We don't need no stinkin' badges

Looks like the dumb summer camp "Rock Star" "Enthusiast" etc additions to our names have disappeared.
Yay!

Now if we could only get back our avatars, feedback counts, and links to our FB and listings....

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

I've never paid a lot of attention to them, I find the statistics interesting to know, they don't motivate me to do anything, nor do I attach increased value to someone who's posting who has them.

About the only thing I do like is when I receive Kudos, it tells me what I've spent time writing was worthwhile to someone, which prompts me to spend more time responding to those kinds of things in the future. I get a lot of value from the boards and I like to give back what I can but want it to be useful to others, as I really should be listing stuff instead of typing it here.......

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Agreed.

I haven't been the forums for a while, when I logged in yesterday it was a **bleep** moment.

Tried to see another seller's listing, no direct link 😞

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Need to pay ebay higher fees they don't have the money to fix that

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

I definitely agree that the no link to sellers listings is a PAIN, it is more work now to do that manually.....

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

why do they bleep out **bleep**....its an abbreviation of a longer term including an actual expletive.  

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

This forum wants us to be bots, there's not place for emotions in here.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

@femmefan1946 - summercamp badges are, unfortunately, only on a brief hiatus. 

The ongoing issue with avatar photos, feedback and profile links, etc have traveled to this now. 

Khoros continues to work on a fix (and then a deployment date for that fix, and then a delay to the deployment date for that fix, etc). 

Addressing the badges, rank names and other 'achievements' are on our list of things to re-evaluate, but we're focusing on stability of the platform first. 

In short: https://youtu.be/IIPx8ZBFQDo 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:

@femmefan1946 - summercamp badges are, unfortunately, only on a brief hiatus. 

The ongoing issue with avatar photos, feedback and profile links, etc have traveled to this now. 

Khoros continues to work on a fix (and then a deployment date for that fix, and then a delay to the deployment date for that fix, etc). 

Addressing the badges, rank names and other 'achievements' are on our list of things to re-evaluate, but we're focusing on stability of the platform first. 

In short: https://youtu.be/IIPx8ZBFQDo 

Is it a   ?

-Lotz

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Wo  wo whoa there  Li'l lady.... Many of us  LIKE the "dumb summer camp "Rock Star" "Enthusiast" etc additions to our names"... Just sayin... without us songs like ZZs "Tush" would not be on your playlist.  wm049.jpg

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

I'm still waiting for my free 2021 eBay Open t-shirt. I was promised one (address confirmed) after filling out the survey. Who doesn't like some free eBayana...

@rocketscollectibles  Team Racoons, you can have all my badges (except my TRS on eBay.com), I would donate all of them to you if I could

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

The most useful part is cross checking when a poster comes with problems.

Sometimes it's easy to see the problem

(the poster joined yesterday and is wondering why his listings aren't showing)

and sometimes it needs some deeper diving

(10000 words of boilerplate in a Description with no actual description).

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

@beavosorus wrote:

... Tried to see another seller's listing, no direct link 😞

work-around URL:  www. ebay.ca/usr/user-name-here

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Not sure to understand what you mean and where i said badges are important to me, i don't care about badges

Also my last post is out of context, half of it is erased

Message 14 of 14
latest reply