Allowed timeframe for items shipped from China is too short!

I live in Canada and over the years have had very few issues with items shipped from China... up until the past year and a half or so. Items are taking several months to arrive, if at all, though the post date on those that do arrive is usually the day after purchase (so not the seller's fault).

I want to give the sellers extra time before filing a claim, but the short time frame for filing forces me to either file early or risk not getting my item or money back at all.

I wish there was an option for buyers to allow more time for slow delivery without losing our ability to file a claim or leave feedback.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

There is. 

Paypal Buyer Protection allows you to open a case up to 180 days from Date Of Payment. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

There are two reasons Chinese shipments are very slow these days.

The CBSA is searching shipments for fentanyl, which has only recently been made illegal in China. China is cooperation with the ban.

If your community has not been hit with the effects of this dangerous drug, over 900 people died from it here in BC last year. That doesn't count thousands of  overdosed individuals who were saved.

More importantly, Canada Post and most Western/ First World postal systems are trying to get China Post to follow the spirit of the Universal Postal Union Treaty of 1874 and raise the cost of international postage.

At the moment, the taxpayers and postal systems of other nations are paying most of the cost of delivery for parcels shipped from Chian.

If you want your item more quickly, these restrictions are not on Air Mail Tracked services, the ones similar to Canada's Tracked Parcel International Air.

Before buying, ask your seller if you can pay him to use that kind of service.

If you don't want to spend the money, you won't get the service.

BTW, while most Chinese sellers are honest and trying to provide a good product for the price, some of those "late" shipments were never sent at all. Never accept an offer of a replacement from China. It won't arrive either because the product is vapourware.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I know why packages from China are delayed, and I don't mind waiting longer for an item. I just wish that eBay would take this into consideration when putting limits on how long we can wait before it's too late and we no longer have buyer protection.

As a buyer, being understanding and allowing extra time has cost me $$.

I just had a claim automatically closed and I can't reopen it. I am out 17.00 for a set of arrows that never arrived. I can't even leave feedback anymore.

Forcing buyers to act within such a short time frame will damage relationships between buyers and sellers. I don't want to rush a claim on an honest seller (the vast majority) and receive a refund only for the item to show up down the road. I've had packages take 3 months, so that's the limit I'd prefer. If I open a claim and tell the sellers I'm willing to wait, they often go ahead and issue an immediate refund, anyway.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Use PayPal to open your Item Not Received cases and then use PayPal again to Send Money if the refunded items arrive. With items from China. If it's important to you to buy from China despite the current problems.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply