Anyone else noticed a longer than usual delay in getting charged for eBay labels?

Hello,

I've been using eBay labels for a couple of months now. I know there is a delay in the time I print one and get it charged back to my "Payments" account but it has usually been a few days to a week max. Right now I have four labels, three of them dating back to July 29th, that haven't come out/been charged to me yet. Anyone else had this happen lately? I wish it would come out of my "Processed Funds" as soon as I print it, makes it harder to keep track, I've had to just jot them all down on paper to make sure I don't forget these amounts will be coming out. I do my managemed payments payouts daily if that matters.

Thank you!

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Anyone else noticed a longer than usual delay in getting charged for eBay labels?

I don't understand why the cost of the label isn't deducted before the payout. Instead the payout is made and the label is charged to my credit card. As you say, it's hard to keep track of what's happening.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Yes, it's hard to keep track. For myself I don't use my credit card, it comes out of my bank account, or when I'm lucky out of my next payout(s). I've just never seen it take 11 days (and counting!) before.  I took a week and a half off of selling so kept expecting to see it come out of my account but still nothing. I don't usually like to say "take my money" but in this case I wish they would! Thanks for responding! 🙂

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@msau4301 wrote:

Hello,

I've been using eBay labels for a couple of months now. I know there is a delay in the time I print one and get it charged back to my "Payments" account but it has usually been a few days to a week max. Right now I have four labels, three of them dating back to July 29th, that haven't come out/been charged to me yet. Anyone else had this happen lately? I wish it would come out of my "Processed Funds" as soon as I print it, makes it harder to keep track, I've had to just jot them all down on paper to make sure I don't forget these amounts will be coming out. I do my managemed payments payouts daily if that matters.

Thank you!

@aramatic 

If you are looking for a record or history of your eBay Labels, they are hidden under your order tab in Sellers Hub. Not sure how the record displays as I don't use eBay Labels. You would think that they would show under your Payments summary but that is not the case.

-Lotz

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Hi,

Yes, it does show the summary under "Shipping Labels" but it doesn't show which ones they've charged me and which ones are outstanding. I know before I called and they said it can take up to a week to be processed but three of them are at 11 days! They do show for me in Payments summary once they are processed...I'm trying to figure out why so long this time?!? Thanks for responding!

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@msau4301 wrote:

Hi,

Yes, it does show the summary under "Shipping Labels" but it doesn't show which ones they've charged me and which ones are outstanding. I know before I called and they said it can take up to a week to be processed but three of them are at 11 days! They do show for me in Payments summary once they are processed...I'm trying to figure out why so long this time?!? Thanks for responding!

Originally the plan (as per eBay) was that they would be billed to your month end invoice for store fees. That was revised a few weeks after I enrolled. I believe at another time I read that postage would be removed from pending payments. Then it was changed to from processed payments.  Pblblbllbbllblblb!!!! Feel free to quote me on that last part. MP will eventually drive many to a padded room!!!

They're Coming to Take me Away Lyrics - YouTube

They've flipflopped on a number of processes so difficult to keep track. An actual receipt when you create a label should have been a no brainer.

-Lotz

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Hadn't heard those lyrics for ages! How appropriate lol! Somewhere there is a padded room with my name on it...and I'd like to vacation there!

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I've noticed the same thing lately. It used to be (right up until a couple weeks ago) that labels would be charged back to me within a couple days. Now I have labels from the beginning of August that are still outstanding. 

It makes me wonder if the back-end processes for labels has more to do with Canada Post than eBay itself.  

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Thank you! At least I know I'm not alone. You're right it's just been the last couple of weeks, mine go back to July 29th and I thought maybe Civic Holiday was delaying things.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply