Canadian creating ebay.com listing issue

gelo1641
Community Member

Hello All,

I had an account setup with ebay.ca as I'm from Canada. 
I'm now trying to list a listing on ebay.com. After  fill out the the information for the listing and go to press "List Item" I just get redirected to sign-in page for ebay.ca
There's no listing on ebay.ca, I see the draft saved on ebay.com but I can't list it as it keeps redirecting me to ebay.ca sign-in. I've been trying to get help from Support but they can't seem to give me a solution.
Has anyone experienced this in the past? If so, how did you resolve this issue?

Thank you

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

HI ! i had  the  same  problem.  the  solution  according to e bay  is  that you  must register  with a u.s addres to  list on e bay.com 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Customer Dis-service strikes again.

Any eBay member anywhere in the world can list on any eBay site anywhere in the world.

When I get a notice like that I go to the URL line at the top of the page and change the dot CA to dot COM. Sometimes I have to be persistant.

EBay will also often switch from an ID I have been listing on to another ID when I change sites.

Aaaargh.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

As reallynicestamps has said Canadians registered on .ca with a Canadian address are allowed to list on many other sites around the world including ebay.com. That said, if you're just starting out as a seller ebay may well have restrictions on how much you can list, what you can list and where they'll allow you to list. Once a new seller builds a record of successful transactions the restrictions will eventually be removed. I'm wondering if your account is currently restricted to listing on ebay.ca only.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Selling Internationally, this article might be helpful for new sellers or those who've been away for a year or two. The transition from PayPal to MP has complicated things. https://www.ebay.ca/help/selling/selling/selling-internationally?id=4132.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

first question: yes.

second question: no, it was never resolved.

I posted about this issue several days ago in a similar thread to a seller wanting to create a multiple variation listing as I discovered a discrepancy between .ca and .com trying to do that last fall.  In chatting with other sellers about it since its an issue many sellers on .ca have also encountered.  Ultimately I threw the towel in on listing on .com directly.  The lack of clarity on the issue from CS may be intentional in the sense that they may be confused about this issue as well and may not know how to respond to your question.  Your best bet is to see if you can get any clarification on the issue from Tyler during one of the weekly chat sessions.   

Message 6 of 6
latest reply