Managed Payments - US payments.

•  

An update on US dollar payout capabilities

In late spring, we will expand our payout functionality to allow sellers registered on eBay.ca to choose to receive payouts in US dollars. At that time, sellers will receive more details on how to register or update their current information if they have already registered. Please note that a US dollar denominated chequing account from a Canadian bank will be required to use this functionality.

Nope.

Still not what we need.

A Canadian bank account in US dollars costs us currency exchange fees.

What we need is to be able to add an American bank account to receive our US dollar payments, which we can then use to pay our eBay fees and purchases, or our green fees as snowbirds in Arizona.

tyler@ebay 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi @femmefan1946 - I've made sure that this sentiment was shared when reporting on the announcement. If you haven't already, I'd suggest you consider signing up for and attending tomorrow's Seller check-in (link here). 

In addition to the presentation about tips for creating a 'perfect listing' they will also be taking questions. If you ever wanted to talk directly with 'The Powers that Be' please join! 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I respect your opinions, but I sure hope you are just joking about being a pandemic snowbird! I may lose a bit of money, but I like to support our country, banks and all.  Certainly no disrespect intended.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@femmefan1946 

Up until recently I had a $US credit card with CIBC.  I'm sure that other banks have the same thing so that you could use it for $US purchases and traveling and then pay the credit card bill from the  $US Canadian bank account.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@femmefan1946 

I'm confused about your comments about currency exchange fees if ebay puts our sales in $US into a $US account at a Canadian bank.  At what point are you saying we would have to convert the money and where are you getting that information?

Message 5 of 5
latest reply