Expedited/Xpresspost USA are missing as a shipping option.

devon@ebay 

Has anyone recently noted when creating NEW listings that Expedited/Xpresspost USA are now missing as  shipping options for USA shipping on dot ca? The default option now appears to be tracked. Due to size Expedited/Xpresspost can be the only acceptable options when shipping using Canadapost. Limit for Small Packet Air/Tracked to USA is 2.0 KG. (It appears several International services have also been excluded including Xpresspost and Priority Intl...). 

lotzofuniquegoodies_2-1678989771508.png

lotzofuniquegoodies_3-1678989900707.png

Do we need to use Sell Similar and remove non applicable info to create a new listing going forward?

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Expedited/Xpresspost USA are missing as a shipping option.

Expedited/Xpresspost USA

I noticed recently that I could not make shipping labels on eBay (getting the red unable to....) then I went to Canada Post and my account and was also unable to make shipping labels for expedited, I tried multiple times on both platforms a few times over a few days, not working.

Went to Tracked Packet and viola, instant label...

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

@brettjet38 wrote:

Expedited/Xpresspost USA

I noticed recently that I could not make shipping labels on eBay (getting the red unable to....) then I went to Canada Post and my account and was also unable to make shipping labels for expedited, I tried multiple times on both platforms a few times over a few days, not working.

@brettjet38 

This would be a problem if you have to ship something over 2 kg and you are unable to cut it in half to send as 2 parcels. Plus might increase the shipping substantially.

-Lotz

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

@brettjet38 wrote:

Expedited/Xpresspost USA

It's possible there may be something going on between both CP and eBay. If you test the the postage calculator for a shipment to USA over 2.0 KG it states there is only 1 option available but gives 2. Expedited and Xpresspost

lotzofuniquegoodies_0-1679027716978.png

-Lotz

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

I tried using 'sell it yourself' from one of your listings and encountered something similar.  If I put the dimensions and weight in before choosing a US service, the only options that I saw are for Fedex.  If I left the dimensions and weight blank until after I  selected the services, I saw all of the options including Expedited US.  There is definetly something wonky going on.

When I tried to start a listing by going to sellers hub / active / start listing, the same thing happened when I entered weight and dimensions first.  If I changed the weight and dimensions I could sometimes see expedited US and Xpresspost but then I could not see small packet or tracked packet even though the weight and dimensions were good for all of those services.  

Tried a few other things and the results were not the same each time.  The only consistent results was too enter the service BEFORE entering the weight and dimensions.  Hopefully that will be a workaround until everything is back to normal. 

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

@brettjet38 wrote:

Expedited/Xpresspost USA

On eBay that could be a dimension problem. Do you remember what the dimensions were?

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

I tried using 'sell it yourself' from one of your listings and encountered something similar.  If I put the dimensions and weight in before choosing a US service, the only options that I saw are for Fedex.  If I left the dimensions and weight blank until after I  selected the services, I saw all of the options including Expedited US.  There is definetly something wonky going on.

When I tried to start a listing by going to sellers hub / active / start listing, the same thing happened when I entered weight and dimensions first.  If I changed the weight and dimensions I could sometimes see expedited US and Xpresspost but then I could not see small packet or tracked packet even though the weight and dimensions were good for all of those services.  

Tried a few other things and the results were not the same each time.  The only consistent results was too enter the service BEFORE entering the weight and dimensions.  Hopefully that will be a workaround until everything is back to normal. 

@pjcdn2005 

@brettjet38 
devon@ebay 

You are definitely correct. If you enter the weight and dimensions prior to choosing shipping services expedited/xpresspost gets dropped for US shipping. Believe it was caused by the fact I was using sell similar. Very strange. As for selecting Fedex as a shipping option the only way you could do that is if you used flat rate shipping. The calculator for using is STILL missing a US zipcode field.

-Lotz

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

de2082
Community Member

It seems you are lucky to get any options from Canada Post--I just get a couple of Fed Ex options!

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

@de2082 

Enter your weight and dimensions AFTER you have set up  US / international options on your listing page. Then you should be able to choose from any of the services.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Have had the same problem, the latest example offered only FEDEX for a parcel that was obviously well within the shipping parameters for a number of Canada Post services to the USA and worldwide.

Considering how many years it took eBay to fix the duplicate listings that would persist after an item (of mine) sold, until manually ended by me, I guess this will get fixed in the next few years. 

Calling eBay support is a joke; the under-paid folks in the Phillipines work off scripts apparently and their resources for this kind of thing are basically zilch.

You might want to bookmark the "Have us call you back" page too, as it is being hidden more carefully these days.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

devon@ebay 

Has anyone recently noted when creating NEW listings that Expedited/Xpresspost USA are now missing as  shipping options for USA shipping on dot ca? The default option now appears to be tracked. Due to size Expedited/Xpresspost can be the only acceptable options when shipping using Canadapost. Limit for Small Packet Air/Tracked to USA is 2.0 KG. (It appears several International services have also been excluded including Xpresspost and Priority Intl...). 

lotzofuniquegoodies_2-1678989771508.png

lotzofuniquegoodies_3-1678989900707.png

Do we need to use Sell Similar and remove non applicable info to create a new listing going forward?

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

devon@ebay 

Do you have any info whatsoever on this issue? Is this a glitch eBay is not aware of or a new change to the system? I posted this over a week ago. Using facebook for issues has become just as frustrating as routing directly through CS. The routine pattern is a tendency with phone reps having to explain the situation to several different agents or the alternative, them trying to get the caller off the line as quickly as possible without resolving.

-Lotz

PS. See posts 6/7 for our observations.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies 

Are you still seeing this problem? I couldn't recreate it using sell similar or when starting a new listing.

If you are could you please specify if  if is new or sell similar was used and if you put the dimensions into the lisiting (and what the dimessions are) before choosing an international service.  That might help them narrow the problem down.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

A very quick test and it appears that Expedited and Xpresspost have returned for USA. The bigger concern is that there rarely is any followup to these post issues as they are reported. We basically are left to keep testing and "hoping" they have been resolved.

As for the previous issue with Gallery plus feature it is showing up as available in some assorted non related categories and missing in others that should fall under the header of Antiques. The term Antiques in theory should be included in the other eBay categories that should qualify for the feature. It's relevant because many sellers in the past used the feature for items that needed that super close up. Again there was limited in the way of followup that this had been fully corrected/addressed from eBay. As mentioned previously the change as per the announcement was NOT supposed to kick in until the first week in April for Canada or clarification as to why the tax is being pre-accessed to the charge vs added when the seller is invoiced. 1.05 vs 1.00.

-Lotz

Changes to Optional Listing Upgrades

Starting April 1, 2023, Bold and Gallery Plus listing upgrade fees will no longer be based on the auction starting price or Buy it Now item price. Both optional listing upgrades will be charged one low fee, regardless of the starting price or item price. As a reminder, scheduled listings and Buy it Now upgrades for auction-format listings are already free for all Canadian eBay sellers.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

A very quick test and it appears that Expedited and Xpresspost have returned for USA. The bigger concern is that there rarely is any followup to these post issues as they are reported. We basically are left to keep testing and "hoping" they have been resolved.

It can be frustrating although it's easy to tell when some issues have been fixed such as this one so probably there was no real need for an update.  :).  There are still some problems with the listing  page but  I will ask about them separately rather than in this thread about different issues.

As for the previous issue with Gallery plus feature it is showing up as available in some assorted non related categories and missing in others that should fall under the header of Antiques. The term Antiques in theory should be included in the other eBay categories that should qualify for the feature. It's relevant because many sellers in the past used the feature for items that needed that super close up. Again there was limited in the way of followup that this had been fully corrected/addressed from eBay. As mentioned previously the change as per the announcement was NOT supposed to kick in until the first week in April for Canada or clarification as to why the tax is being pre-accessed to the charge vs added when the seller is invoiced. 1.05 vs 1.00.

The only announced change to gallery plus that I've seen was a decrease in charges for higher priced listings. There was no announced change to the categories for gallery plus so I don't understand why you were saying that they were changed early.  Unless something is in one of the main categories that has free gallery plus then it isn't free.  If you were getting it before that was a bonus, but it was never intended to be that way.  Maybe it should be the way you want "in theory" but that's now how the fees are set up. 

As to why the tax is now shown on the listing page for some options, does it matter since the tax would be added on anyway?  I'm pretty sure that eBay doesn't feel a need to clarify why they do some things even if we wish they would.

Changes to Optional Listing Upgrades

Starting April 1, 2023, Bold and Gallery Plus listing upgrade fees will no longer be based on the auction starting price or Buy it Now item price. Both optional listing upgrades will be charged one low fee, regardless of the starting price or item price. As a reminder, scheduled listings and Buy it Now upgrades for auction-format listings are already free for all Canadian eBay sellers.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Transparency. Acknowledgement when they've made a mistake that has caused major work for sellers. 

Message 15 of 15
latest reply