Issue to report a buyer for not buying item, after winning aunction

Hello Everyone,

I was about to report a buyer for not paying his winning bid and its been more than 4 days now.

When trying to report, I am redirected to cancellation then I have 4 choice, one of them is buyer hasnt paid but it doesnt look like the normal report a buyer to open a unpaid case as I did in the past.

I am force to cancel and put buyer hasnt paid, will itbe the same.

Can someone help please ?

Thanks

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Issue to report a buyer for not buying item, after winning aunction

yes now you can cancel, rather than waiting another 4 days, for the unpaid item case to close..

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

But will it still give the buyer a strike? *That* is important!

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

I agree,  how can I know ?

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

from the help pages:

"A seller may cancel an unpaid order if the buyer doesn't pay or contact them within 4 calendar days.

Failure to pay for items is a violation of our abusive buyer policy. All unpaid items are recorded on a buyer's account. Buyers who have excessive unpaid items, or cancelled transactions, may have limits imposed, or lose their buying privileges."

Setting your requirements:

https://www.ebay.ca/bmgt/buyerrequirements

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Sounds as if Strikes are no more?

Where does that leave Sellers with an automatic Block on bidders with Strikes?

It looks as if those deadbeat buyers PLUS buyers who have had listings cancelled will now be on the Blocked list.

I guess that's good, but it would be hard on members overseas using Freight Forwarders, who seem to terrify US sellers as well as the less needed mutual decision to cancel.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

All unpaid items are recorded on a buyer's account. Buyers who have excessive unpaid items, or cancelled transactions, may have limits imposed, or lose their buying privileges."

That says to me that the if a seller uses blocks for buyers that have x amount of strikes they will still be blocked.

I'm not sure what that has to do with a buyers who use freight forwarders since they typically do pay.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

American sellers are constantly on the dotCOM Boards being paranoid about overseas buyers, especially those who use freight forwarders, which seems to set off even more paranoia than a buyer with a "foreign" name.

When that probably honest buyer gets his purchase cancelled because the seller is a scaredy-cat, it sounds as if the buyer gets the equivalent of a Strike, and would be bundled in with the deadbeats who get UID Strikes.

It also bundles in buyers who have transactions cancelled, falsely, as Buyer Request, when the actual reason is Out Of Stock. Actually, I wonder if the Buyer whose transaction is cancelled as OOS, is also penalized.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Now when a buyer has not paid by the 5th day, the seller can cancel using the 'buyer hasn't paid' as the reason for a cancellation.  That's when the buyer will get a strike.  A buyer is NOT given an unpaid item strike if they've already paid and were then refunded regardless of the reason for the refund.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

I hope so.
I'm just concerned about the Buyers who have excessive unpaid items, or cancelled transactions, " transactions part.

Buyers can't cancel transactions, only sellers.

EBay has a tendency to go off half-cocked with proverbial unintended consequences.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

I'm still not sure what your concern is ..if the buyers pays they can't get an unpaid item strike.  If they don't pay the seller can cancel for  the reason that the item was unpaid.  

The only times when a buyer might get an 'unfair' unpaid item strike is if there was no shipping cost to their shipping address in the listing and rather than entering a cost or cancelling the transaction as problem with address, the seller cancelled the transaction as a an unpaid item.  Or, if the seller changed terms of the sale such as the shipping cost and the buyer refused to pay the new shipping cost.  But in both of those situations a buyer could get an unpaid item strike with the old or the current system. I don't see any new pitfalls with the current system.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply