Problem running .ca, slow site to the extent can't use anymore

I'm using .ca and .com but the .ca site is becoming so slow that I can't list anymore. I also get a Authenticity Certificate popping up and can't get rid of it, other than restarting my p.c.  Anybody else having this problem or know what could be causing this? TIA

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

99% sure you got  virus in your computer.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Malware? Try running a program that blocks it, or subscribing to anti-virus software.

And AdBlocker program may also be helpful. 

What browser are you using and is it 100 per cent up to date?

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

There's nothing wrong with your computer.... It's not a virus, but malicious advertising on eBay.ca. Your probably using Internet Explorer.

I get the same Security Alert when using IE.

eBay.com is fine so it's a browsing issue on eBay.ca due to malicious advertising.      

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Pretty sure it's this...no problems anywhere else and everything up to date, no virus present, so my security program says. Anybody know a fix, don't really want to abandon ebay.ca as I'm in Canada but I'm not going to put up this much longer.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Download AdBlocker Plus or switch browsers. Google Chrome works quite well on eBay.ca.

I hope this helps....   

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

AdBlocker.
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I upped my block-ads on my security and that helped somewhat, but now the ads have sound s well. It seems to me, as this is an issue on .ca, that rather than me having to download another program to clean out somebody's ads, maybe ebay.ca should clean up their site! Thank you all for your help.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

There has been a rash of problems lately that seem to me related to specific browsers and overly-aggressive third-party ads. An adBlocker is the quickest fix, I hope it brought you some relief until they figure out what the problem may be.

There is a Weekly Chat with eBay Canada staff on Tuesday overnight to Wednesday that you might want to join to add your voice to the call to see this more closely examined and, hopefully, rectified. The more people who tell eBay that they're having a negative experience with something, the higher a priority it becomes to fix. Right?
Message 9 of 9
latest reply