Sending refunds

An FYI to anyone trying to send a secondary refund on a transaction.

I have personally never run into this situation either pre MP or post.

I recently refunded on shipping where the calculator calculated inaccurately and buyer was NOT able to in advance request a revised invoice. There was an issue with 1 of the items  when they arrived and agreed with the buyer to send an additional (second) refund. When attempting to I was blocked. (Grey out). In checking with eBay customer service it is not possible to send a secondary refund to a buyer. Similar to how there is no way to get repaid when a customer is refunded for shipping and the item arrives a day or 2 later. Same with 2 claims against 1 order. Difficult to revise/correct. In this particular situation because of tax, eBay is in play for that part of the balance owed.

The only resolution was for the buyer to open a manual claim against the order using the reference number from my customer service chat and for me to refer to that number if everything doesn't fall into place.

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

PS. If anyone else has been in a similar situation in the past please message me directly. Curious to know how you resolved. 

devon@ebay 

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0