Unable to add an address

I am trying to add an address but eBay seems to think that Ontario is a state and will not accept it. Can this bug be fixed?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Unable to add an address

@cozmo-vision wrote:

I am trying to add an address but eBay seems to think that Ontario is a state and will not accept it. Can this bug be fixed?

@cozmo-vision 

Is it possible the task you are trying to complete you are signed in on dot com vs dot ca?

-Lotz

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Unable to add an address

same error on .ca

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Unable to add an address

@cozmo-vision wrote:

same error on .ca

@cozmo-vision 

Have you tried ON vs Ontario. Everything is shortforms. Same goes for US states.

-Lotz

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Unable to add an address

The province selection is a drop down, cannot modify unfortunately.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Unable to add an address

@cozmo-vision wrote:

lacemaker3_0-1701912103165.png

I can see that you have changed the country to Canada, but the form hasn't been updated, so the country selection hasn't "taken".

In my experience, it may take several minutes, or several tries in order to get the country selection to be accepted. You can tell when that has happened, because it changes the form to ask for the proper selections that match the format used for addresses in that country.

You need to keep trying until it changes. This is what the form should look like for Canada:

lacemaker3_1-1701912340534.png

What address are you trying to change? In the last few months, there have been reports on eBay.com that you can't change the country in your registration address any more.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply