eBay Listing Fields

Memo to eBay.

In recently creating a listing I noticed this during the process. The size of the visible field is not large enough to view everything typed. Note. On a PC. Unsure how it looks with APP.

lotzofuniquegoodies_0-1709934768035.png

Data should clearly be viewable as  1.700 Kg  -  48 cms x 35 cms x 8 cms. Decreasing/increasing zoom makes reading even more difficult. This should have been an easy catch during the programming process. Was the font changed without further testing?  If a seller is in a hurry creating a listing it would be very easy for a mistake to be made and the incorrect amount to be calculated for postage. Positive or negative.

-Lotz

devon@ebay 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

eBay Listing Fields

I wonder if is browser related. I'm using Firefox.

shipping dimensions.jpg

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

eBay Listing Fields

I had the fields in the drop down boxes do the same for about a month or two in Chrome. Very annoying.

Right now the one that's driving me nuts is when I enter information in the listing fields the system tries to autocomplete the data and all the lettering flickers on and off (usually disappearing completely). I have to delete the last character entered and reenter it in order to see the field. That's been happening to me in Chrome, Firefox, and Edge.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

eBay Listing Fields

I think that Lotz has mentioned using Chrome so perhaps it is a browser issue.

That seems to happen often, just one or two browsers are affected by a tech problem.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

eBay Listing Fields

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

I wonder if is browser related. I'm using Firefox.

shipping dimensions.jpg

@pjcdn2005 

I noticed it also prior to clearing cache. Mine is happening on Chrome. All major browsers should be fully tested before applying modification unless maybe eBay is open source. (Sorry, bad me. It's been a long week). The issue could be either browser, font or field size and  what might be causing sellers to have upcharges with shipping if they don't catch a discrepancy  during the create a listing stage. 

With the neverending item specifics updates programming has been willy nilly shortening character fields. (So stuff looks "pretty" with the app.) Had this happen on a number of Mixed Lot listings where it either corrupted or shortened the associated field so I wasn't able to fully properly identify everything that was included in each mixed lot. Only current workaround is to either shortform it to death or create a secondary sub category for bonus characters. eBay's version of Wheel of Fortune.

@flipistics 

It would be nice if eBay put back spell check with the listing tool. Unsure why that was removed. Even the previous HTML checker was easier to use than the current version. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply