Changes

Not at all happy with all these changes. I do not have a store nor is eBay a major source of income for me. Just sell items that I collect through the years. Some items are extremely hard to pinpoint specifics due to age or just do not apply to that certain item. Also eBay’s money management idea. Not happy at all with that one. Have heard nothing but bad about that. Also landing page or home page, what a nightmare. This is all supposed to make it easier and more convenient for the seller? I don’t think so. Maybe easier and more profitable for eBay. I can see myself being on the phone constantly with eBay customer service reps that have no idea what they are doing what so ever. It has happened even before all these big changes. VERY FRUSTRATING!!!!! It is more of a fun hobby for me that I can make a couple of bucks with. Now it is going to seem like a chore and a big pain. It’s too bad, but considering leaving eBay all together.
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Changes

This is the final straw for me too, and I can't see staying on eBay any longer.  Any profit over the years has gradually been steered to eBay operations, and I don't think they actually want small sellers any longer.  Time to go. 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: Changes

Some items are extremely hard to pinpoint specifics due to age or just do not apply to that certain item.

Some Item Specifics will nag you, but I just enter N/A if they are not applicable.

The idea is to make our listings more visible in Google Search.

Also eBay’s money management idea. Not happy at all with that one. Have heard nothing but bad about that.

I've been holding out on that, and a small/hobby seller probably won't have to deal with it for over a year, by which time (fingers and toes crossed) the bugs will have been ironed out. Maybe.

Fees don't seem to be much different. A couple of tiny savings. A couple of miniscule fee rises.

The two sticking points are only being able to attach one bank account which must be with a Canadian bank, and not being able to build a balance to use for on-eBay purchases.

This is all supposed to make it easier and more convenient for the seller?

NO.

After all the propaganda, eBay decided they would rather have an in-house payment processor, after they were forced to sell off eBay, which had been their in-house processor until 2015.

In a way (and I know this is pushing it) this is a return to the pre-2015 status, when PP was a part of eBay.

Your buyers can still use PP, but their payment will be handled by Managed Payments.

eBay customer service reps that have no idea what they are doing what so ever.

Minimum wage clerks in Utah who are unclear on the concept of Canada/not in the USA/we have a different legal system?

Yeah.

It's often a good idea to use the robotic Resolution Centre for basic Disputes and ask your peers here on the Boards before going to Customer Service.

The Twitter and FaceBook services are getting decent reviews though.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply