My seller account has been limited to 15 items (I have an Ebay Store)

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I lost most of my ebay stock back in August...so needless to say my sales dropped to zero.  I have an Ebay Store...but now that I am ready to sell again, I find that my account has been limited to only 15 items a month.  

What can I do!!???....Can I...close my store and open a new one? .....all I want is to be able to list more than 15 items....I would like to list about 100 items a month approx.   ANY advice would be helpful!  what are my options?......Valeda

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Hi, opening a new account or store will not help, you will have account limits with regards to how many items and dollar value you can sell as a "new" seller. I think ebay has limited your selling ability until you can build up your positive ratings again so you'll just have to sell slowly or low volume for a little while until you can re-establish your good track record. You could try to call ebay and speak with a customer service rep, they may be able to help you but .... 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Closing your account won't grant you any higher a listing cap, neither will trying to circumvent the limit placed on you now. Ebay does that with their periodic sellers, there is no way to avoid it and if you try you could really get into trouble for it. Use your 15 at a time and then request an increase as son as you are able to do so. It's a slow climb uphill, I remember. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

In addition to the sound advice given by the other members, I would say since you can only list 15 items right now, pick the 15 that you feel are most likely to sell first right now. 

And in keeping with another user who complained last week that there is too much opinion and not enough information on the boards, this page will give you all the facts about those limits.  FWIW, nobody likes those limits.

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/sellinglimits.html

Message 4 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Hi, opening a new account or store will not help, you will have account limits with regards to how many items and dollar value you can sell as a "new" seller. I think ebay has limited your selling ability until you can build up your positive ratings again so you'll just have to sell slowly or low volume for a little while until you can re-establish your good track record. You could try to call ebay and speak with a customer service rep, they may be able to help you but .... 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Closing your account won't grant you any higher a listing cap, neither will trying to circumvent the limit placed on you now. Ebay does that with their periodic sellers, there is no way to avoid it and if you try you could really get into trouble for it. Use your 15 at a time and then request an increase as son as you are able to do so. It's a slow climb uphill, I remember. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

In addition to the sound advice given by the other members, I would say since you can only list 15 items right now, pick the 15 that you feel are most likely to sell first right now. 

And in keeping with another user who complained last week that there is too much opinion and not enough information on the boards, this page will give you all the facts about those limits.  FWIW, nobody likes those limits.

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/sellinglimits.html

Message 4 of 4
latest reply