April 1 2020 Weekly Session

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi everyone - 

Opening the chat for your questions! I'll be by tomorrow to start working on getting answers.

Thanks!
Tyler

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Hi Tyler, Hope you are keeping safe & healthy.

I have been having a recurring problem with combined shipping. I have had multiple buyers lately paying for each item seperately & so they are paying for shipping twice.  I am then paying Final Shipping Fees on both items, even though I am refunding the difference through PayPal. This is adding up. And I can't call eBay to refund me.

I asked them to buy the extra item but not to pay for it, so I can adjust the combined shipping for them. They have mentioned that payment goes through autimatically without them being able to wait for the new invoice. 

Since I can't get a hold of eBay, can you get me the refund for the 2 extra final shipping fees? Thanks for your help.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

@2nd-time-around-jewelry wrote:

I have been having a recurring problem with combined shipping. I have had multiple buyers lately paying for each item seperately & so they are paying for shipping twice.  I am then paying Final Shipping Fees on both items, even though I am refunding the difference through PayPal. This is adding up. And I can't call eBay to refund me.

I asked them to buy the extra item but not to pay for it, so I can adjust the combined shipping for them. They have mentioned that payment goes through autimatically without them being able to wait for the new invoice. 

Since I can't get a hold of eBay, can you get me the refund for the 2 extra final shipping fees? Thanks for your help.

If you ask the buyer to use a computer instead of a cell phone, it usually lets them ask for a total. Cell phones don't usually allow that

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Tyler I hate to shut all my ebay listings down, but I have a question. I've heard to apply for the Canada Emergency Response Benefit you have to have no income for 14 days? Is this true? I can find no solid information on this anywhere. I'm getting very fed up with the lack of any real details on how to apply for income support to pay May rent and bills.
Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Has eBay made any progress on the Canadian shipping supply inventory? The choices there are very limited and there has been no changes to items in over a year. As it stands I have over 400 air mailers and 20 rolls of tapeon hand. So next quarter I will not be able to spend my coupon on anything of use? It sure would be nice if eBay would offer more choices that appeal to Canadian sellers, like photo mailers, or plain envelopes for letter-mail etc.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Hello Tyler,

My thoughts about fairness to sellers that eBay may demonstrate

In view of everybody’s decreased (or even discontinued) sales I think eBay and sellers may “catch up” later with the following adjustment:

- Many sellers put stores on vacation, or run out of merchandise and hardly used 50,000 free listings that eBay offered last month

As Anchor seller I am not using now my 10,000 Fix Price and $1,000 Auction listings, but I am paying for these listings in my subscription.

If let’s say, I used 9,000 / 500 listings from subscription, it would be nice and smart for eBay to grandfather 1,000/500 unused listings on my account with allowance to use them next month(s).

First, it will be fair because I paid for it, secondly it may generate additional sales for me and for eBay when buyers will be more enthusiastic about purchasing eBay’s items.

Of course, my thought relates to all sizes of stores: Basic, Premium and Anchor

Regards

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Government of Canada Website:
https://www.canada.ca/en/department-finance/economic-response-plan.html

And specifically: "wage earners and self-employed individuals, including contract workers, who would not otherwise be eligible for Employment Insurance." ? 

There is very little as to qualification details. Why am I not surprised?

Contact your local MP, better yet contact your local NDP MP (as they are all over this ATM).

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Hi @2nd-time-around-jewelry - You are still able to contact Customer Support either through email or via social media. Using the 'Help & Contact' link in the upper left corner of most pages and following the prompts there should give you a 'message us' option. Teammates are usually pretty quick to reply! 

When it comes to the listings themselves, are your buyers using the 'buy it now' option? That will always send them to checkout immediately. If they use the 'add to cart' option instead that would give them the option to add several items to their transaction and check out a single time. It would also allow your combined shipping rules to apply, or allow them to use the 'request total' button if necessary. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 9 of 15
latest reply

@forester_studios wrote:
Tyler I hate to shut all my ebay listings down, but I have a question. I've heard to apply for the Canada Emergency Response Benefit you have to have no income for 14 days? Is this true? I can find no solid information on this anywhere. I'm getting very fed up with the lack of any real details on how to apply for income support to pay May rent and bills.

Hi @forester_studios - I don't have a lot of insight into what you would need to do in order to qualify for the Emergency Response benefit, I'm afraid. 

I saw a few folks like @tryubik-useonlyasdirected  & @femmefan1946  suggested you contact your MP's office (I think that's a good idea). The website that @flyhooks4less mentioned may have more details too!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 10 of 15
latest reply

@flyhooks4less wrote:

Has eBay made any progress on the Canadian shipping supply inventory? The choices there are very limited and there has been no changes to items in over a year. As it stands I have over 400 air mailers and 20 rolls of tapeon hand. So next quarter I will not be able to spend my coupon on anything of use? It sure would be nice if eBay would offer more choices that appeal to Canadian sellers, like photo mailers, or plain envelopes for letter-mail etc.

Hi @flyhooks4less - I haven't heard of anything new coming to the Shipping Supplies store any time soon - the last really exciting thing I saw was different colored stickers but that's been almost a year now. :C

Tyler,
eBay
Message 11 of 15
latest reply

I've had a LOT of buyers who tell me they can't ask for a total, and when I tell them to try their computer instead of a cell they can. I don't think it has anything to do with my settings. I think someone has to figure out how to put these options on cell phones

tyler@ebay wrote:

Hi @2nd-time-around-jewelry - You are still able to contact Customer Support either through email or via social media. Using the 'Help & Contact' link in the upper left corner of most pages and following the prompts there should give you a 'message us' option. Teammates are usually pretty quick to reply! 

When it comes to the listings themselves, are your buyers using the 'buy it now' option? That will always send them to checkout immediately. If they use the 'add to cart' option instead that would give them the option to add several items to their transaction and check out a single time. It would also allow your combined shipping rules to apply, or allow them to use the 'request total' button if necessary. 

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

@block36 wrote:

Hello Tyler,

My thoughts about fairness to sellers that eBay may demonstrate

In view of everybody’s decreased (or even discontinued) sales I think eBay and sellers may “catch up” later with the following adjustment:

- Many sellers put stores on vacation, or run out of merchandise and hardly used 50,000 free listings that eBay offered last month

As Anchor seller I am not using now my 10,000 Fix Price and $1,000 Auction listings, but I am paying for these listings in my subscription.

If let’s say, I used 9,000 / 500 listings from subscription, it would be nice and smart for eBay to grandfather 1,000/500 unused listings on my account with allowance to use them next month(s).

First, it will be fair because I paid for it, secondly it may generate additional sales for me and for eBay when buyers will be more enthusiastic about purchasing eBay’s items.

Of course, my thought relates to all sizes of stores: Basic, Premium and Anchor

Regards

Hi @block36 - thanks for sharing your thoughts on what you'd like to see! I can't make promises but I will pass this suggestion on. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 13 of 15
latest reply

A Carleton University prof has prepared a plain language chart of programs for financial aid

You can find Robson’s guide here in PDF form here: https://t.co/jLgYqIXyGG?amp=1

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Thanks for joining this week - the chat is closed. 

Stay safe!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 15 of 15
latest reply