April 21 2021 Weekly Session

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi everyone - 

Opening the chat up for your questions. I'll begin working on answers tomorrow afternoon!

Thanks, 

Tyler

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Hi Tyler,

Just signed onto MP this month and I had something curious occur with shipping addresses on 3 recent orders: incomplete, incorrect, misspelled street names and non-existent postal codes. I mentioned this in a post on Seller Central and fellow sellers pointed out Paypal always had this problem prior to MP so MP was not the issue. I am aware the buyer entered the erroneous info in all three cases. My questions:

1) Is it possible MP checkout page for shipping information is less rigorous and allows incomplete info? 

2) Does eBay not require shipping info to correspond to an active credit card or is this a relic of the past? 

3) If I receive an order with incomplete shipping info, and I go past the delay to ship trying to contact the buyer, can the late shipment rate penalty be cancelled?

Fellow sellers recommend cancelling the item using the incomplete address reason but this seems to be an extreme since the buyer could back out and I am still paying fees with the potential to lose a sale.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Hello Tyler,

Quick clarification please. Has eBay decided whether it is going to go with separate emails for a sale and payment.  Or combined if buyer pays immediately. And a separate email if they pay later? This last version seems to be arbitrary. Sometimes you get an email. Other times it is the bell and notification in Sellers Hub.

Ultimate preference would be separate emails and consistency. Some sellers like to file these away for historical reference because eBay accessible records only go back 3 months.

-Lotz

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Hi Tyler,

1) I would like to choose a different account for my deposits.

When I was signing up, I choose my Bank, then entered my info, when I clicked on next, it automatically choose/displayed only my chequing account.  Is it possible to change to another account?

2) Would eBay possibly consider leaving/adding Paypal as an option for deposits.

Thanks!

You only fail when you don't try!
Message 4 of 15
latest reply

@greenmangoes  You mentioned on the boards that your other account is a savings account.  Managed Payment only uses chequing accounts.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Hi Tyler,

Someone posted on the board that their store link hasn't worked in at least 3 months and to my surprise I checked a few other stores and couldn't use that particular link either.  When you view all of a seller's listings there is a blue or red store icon at the top of the page that used to take you to that seller's store but now it doesn't take you anywhere. When I hover over it I see 'visit sellers store' but when I click on it nothing happens.   As I said I checked a number of sellers and the same was true for all of them. 

Is this link being disabled or is just not working right now?

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

1) Is it possible MP checkout page for shipping information is less rigorous and allows incomplete info?

FWIW - your buyer used Paypal, or a credit card, or ApplePay, or GooglePay.

One of those companies transferred the funds to Managed Payments.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Hi Tyler,

An FYI for the folks that are responsible for eBay Labels and sellers using the service:

Standard globally accepted format for parcel measurements is Length x Width x Height

That is how they base minimum requirements for accepted and rejected packages per service.

eBay is porting to eBay Labels in a reverse order. (CP/Shippo/eBay Labels/USPS) - Below

eBay Labels Packingslip does NOT include fields for Phone Number and email addresses for the seller or buyer. Highly recommended information for International Shipping and required information for Courier services....to be added at a non-determined date. Only transaction ID is item number. Missing eBay assigned Order Details ID. (Helpful if duties and taxes are owed prior to release to customer. A = A)

There are no dollar values shown on the eBay Labels Packing Slip. Price per Unit, Extended Price, State tax, VAT collected by eBay, and Shipping. Required information for shipping internationally where a packing slip is included with the customs invoice based on destination country. These 2 documents NEED to match.

There are no fields for additional insurance, signature confirmation, shipping tubes etc.

Customs invoice does not include Country of Origin, Unit Weight, HS Code, Quantity, Currency.

Optional things like if undeliverable: Abandon/Return

Appears correction/update was made to fix issue with Imperial being default or only available option. Canada went metric April 1, 1975. Many Canadians thought the government was joking at the time!!  🙂

-Lotz

PS. There have also been several reports of users using being overcharged for eBay Labels. Is this being looked into and are sellers being refunded accordingly. Pretty sure no one wants another "We forgot to update the Fuel Surcharge for Small Packet US/Intl Air Scenario" where eBAY error was NOT refunded.)

Measurements CP.JPGMeasurements Shippo.JPGMeasurements Ebay Labels.JPGMeasurements USPS.JPG

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

@retrocorp.inc wrote:

Hi Tyler,

Just signed onto MP this month and I had something curious occur with shipping addresses on 3 recent orders: incomplete, incorrect, misspelled street names and non-existent postal codes. I mentioned this in a post on Seller Central and fellow sellers pointed out Paypal always had this problem prior to MP so MP was not the issue. I am aware the buyer entered the erroneous info in all three cases. My questions:

2) Does eBay not require shipping info to correspond to an active credit card or is this a relic of the past? 

3) If I receive an order with incomplete shipping info, and I go past the delay to ship trying to contact the buyer, can the late shipment rate penalty be cancelled?

Fellow sellers recommend cancelling the item using the incomplete address reason but this seems to be an extreme since the buyer could back out and I am still paying fees with the potential to lose a sale.

Hi @retrocorp.inc - to be completely transparent with you, I am very limited in the support I can provide when it comes to managed payments (so there are things I may ask you to work out with payments-trained teammates). In general though:

• Not that I'm aware of - to be certain I would request a callback from a payments-trained teammate

• I don't believe this is the case - we do require that a billing address is used at checkout that would correspond with the card info, but that can be separate from the shipping address

• Late shipment rates can usually be appealed with customer support fairly easily. What proves much, much more difficult to remove is a miss on your 'Tracking Uploaded on time and Validated'. That's not something that CS can remove without involving several different teams. 

•  Firstly - with payments you would be losing a 30 cent transaction fee, but all other fees should be refunded. However, this is going to be your call. Is this longtail inventory? A customer that you have a relationship with? Is it a high-value sale? In this situation I would be more inclined to cancel a sale that is of a lower cost item, or one that sells very quickly, versus a high-priced item or one that has been listed for a long time.  
Tyler,
eBay
Message 9 of 15
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

Hello Tyler,

Quick clarification please. Has eBay decided whether it is going to go with separate emails for a sale and payment.  Or combined if buyer pays immediately. And a separate email if they pay later? This last version seems to be arbitrary. Sometimes you get an email. Other times it is the bell and notification in Sellers Hub.

Ultimate preference would be separate emails and consistency. Some sellers like to file these away for historical reference because eBay accessible records only go back 3 months.

-Lotz

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies - I don't have an answer for you on that, but have asked and will let you know what I hear back!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 10 of 15
latest reply

@greenmangoes wrote:

Hi Tyler,

1) I would like to choose a different account for my deposits.

When I was signing up, I choose my Bank, then entered my info, when I clicked on next, it automatically choose/displayed only my chequing account.  Is it possible to change to another account?

2) Would eBay possibly consider leaving/adding Paypal as an option for deposits.

Thanks!

Hi @greenmangoes! I popped into your thread on Seller Central earlier today, but want to make sure you get an answer here too:

1) I would like to choose a different account for my deposits. When I was signing up, I choose my Bank, then entered my info, when I clicked on next, it automatically choose/displayed only my chequing account.  Is it possible to change to another account?

• You can change your bank account from the Payments section of your Seller Hub. However, you are only able to use a chequing account with payments, so that may be why the account you were looking for wasn't an option

• This is not something that is being considered
Tyler,
eBay
Message 11 of 15
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

Hi Tyler,

Someone posted on the board that their store link hasn't worked in at least 3 months and to my surprise I checked a few other stores and couldn't use that particular link either.  When you view all of a seller's listings there is a blue or red store icon at the top of the page that used to take you to that seller's store but now it doesn't take you anywhere. When I hover over it I see 'visit sellers store' but when I click on it nothing happens.   As I said I checked a number of sellers and the same was true for all of them. 

Is this link being disabled or is just not working right now?

Hi @pjcdn2005 - no, the store icon should definitely be working. I checked and don't have an open ticket for it, so I'll get one filed. If you find more threads on the matter would you tag me to them so I can grab OPs and get them added? Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Hi Tyler,

An FYI for the folks that are responsible for eBay Labels and sellers using the service:

Standard globally accepted format for parcel measurements is Length x Width x Height

That is how they base minimum requirements for accepted and rejected packages per service.

eBay is porting to eBay Labels in a reverse order. (CP/Shippo/eBay Labels/USPS) - Below

eBay Labels Packingslip does NOT include fields for Phone Number and email addresses for the seller or buyer. Highly recommended information for International Shipping and required information for Courier services....to be added at a non-determined date. Only transaction ID is item number. Missing eBay assigned Order Details ID. (Helpful if duties and taxes are owed prior to release to customer. A = A)

There are no dollar values shown on the eBay Labels Packing Slip. Price per Unit, Extended Price, State tax, VAT collected by eBay, and Shipping. Required information for shipping internationally where a packing slip is included with the customs invoice based on destination country. These 2 documents NEED to match.

There are no fields for additional insurance, signature confirmation, shipping tubes etc.

Customs invoice does not include Country of Origin, Unit Weight, HS Code, Quantity, Currency.

Appears correction/update was made to fix issue with Imperial being default or only available option. Canada went metric April 1, 1975. Many Canadians thought the government was joking at the time!!  🙂

-Lotz

PS. There have also been several reports of users using being overcharged for eBay Labels. Is this being looked into and are sellers being refunded accordingly. Pretty sure no one wants another "We forgot to update the Fuel Surcharge for Small Packet US/Intl Air Scenario" where eBAY error was NOT refunded.)

@lotzofuniquegoodies - Thanks for this input, I'll make sure the product team is made aware!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 13 of 15
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Thanks for your questions this week - the chat is now closed but will return next Tuesday!

Thanks, 

Tyler

Tyler,
eBay
Message 14 of 15
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:

Hi Tyler,

-Lotz

@lotzofuniquegoodies - Thanks for this input, I'll make sure the product team is made aware!

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies - I heard back on this:

With regards to the ordering of dimensions: this is being reported to the product team to review further

On being overcharged: the most common reason for pricing differences is underestimated package details. Product is requesting more examples, if you see more threads on the matter please tag me to them so I can get them sent over.

The customs form feedback has been sent on for further review.

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 15 of 15
latest reply