April 28 2020 Weekly Session

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi everyone - 

Shifting the chat to tomorrow as I'll be out of the office on Wednesday, and both Thursday and Friday are busy office-work days for me now. 

Drop your questions below and I'll work on getting you answers tomorrow!

Tyler

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Hi Tyler: Thank you for answering our questions.

My question is that I usually have 2 days handling on my listings. Because my husband and I are in our late 70's, I am disabled and unable to drive and my husband has a lot of health issues so we decided he would only go out to mail twice a week, so I set my handling for 4 days while the coronavirus is a problem. However, all my listings show same day shipping and you can see messages on the community board with members having the same problem.

I am having to explain the situation to my buyers that for some reason eBay has set my handing to same day shipping when it should be 4 days, but they only know that after they have purchased thinking it is same day shipping. Could you investigate this problem please.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

What Internet browsers are officially supported by eBay.ca and ebay.com?

I found this ebay.ca web page.

https://www.ebay.ca/help/policies/resolving-technical-issues/technical-issues?id=4220

For Microsoft windows, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, or Google Chrome (latest versions) are supported.

For Mac, Apple Safari or Mozilla Firefox (latest versions).

There has not been an Apple Safari version for Microsoft Windows since 2012. Why is it still listed as a supported browser?

What about Internet Explorer? It is listed as supported on eBay.ca help page but not on eBay.com page. I assume the eBay.com USA site is correct and Internet Explorer is not officially supported anymore on both sites.

I complained about this help page error regarding Apple Safari a few times over the past 5+ years and nothing done to correct the help page. Am I missing something?

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Hello Tyler,

decided to let you know that buyer made an offer which I accepted, but there was not any email from eBay on the offer - I just noticed a mark beside the bell image.

(my order 07 -04929-73087)

Hope this is only "one time" failure

Thanx

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@triber wrote:

Hi Tyler: Thank you for answering our questions.

My question is that I usually have 2 days handling on my listings. Because my husband and I are in our late 70's, I am disabled and unable to drive and my husband has a lot of health issues so we decided he would only go out to mail twice a week, so I set my handling for 4 days while the coronavirus is a problem. However, all my listings show same day shipping and you can see messages on the community board with members having the same problem.

I am having to explain the situation to my buyers that for some reason eBay has set my handing to same day shipping when it should be 4 days, but they only know that after they have purchased thinking it is same day shipping. Could you investigate this problem please.

Hi @triber - definitely want you and your husband to be safe! I think that doing mailings twice a week is a solid plan. 

@ricarmic let me know he was seeing his listings with that as well. It's a tech issue I've reported in the past and am still working on getting addressed/resolved.

I'll make sure your items are included in the ticket! 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@richardcm wrote:

What Internet browsers are officially supported by eBay.ca and ebay.com?

I found this ebay.ca web page.

https://www.ebay.ca/help/policies/resolving-technical-issues/technical-issues?id=4220

For Microsoft windows, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, or Google Chrome (latest versions) are supported.

For Mac, Apple Safari or Mozilla Firefox (latest versions).

There has not been an Apple Safari version for Microsoft Windows since 2012. Why is it still listed as a supported browser?

What about Internet Explorer? It is listed as supported on eBay.ca help page but not on eBay.com page. I assume the eBay.com USA site is correct and Internet Explorer is not officially supported anymore on both sites.

I complained about this help page error regarding Apple Safari a few times over the past 5+ years and nothing done to correct the help page. Am I missing something?

Hi @richardcm - I'm happy to get this reported as outdated, I'll pass it along. 

When it comes to browsers, we recommend Chrome first and foremost. Edge and Firefox are good, and Safari works (though can be temperamental).  Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@block36 wrote:

Hello Tyler,

decided to let you know that buyer made an offer which I accepted, but there was not any email from eBay on the offer - I just noticed a mark beside the bell image.

(my order 07 -04929-73087)

Hope this is only "one time" failure

Thanx

Thanks for letting me know @block36

Tyler,
eBay
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Thanks for joining the chat this week - it's closed but I'm available if you need help on the boards!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 8 of 8
latest reply