April 28 2021 Weekly Session

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi everyone - 

Opening the chat up for your questions, I'll begin working on responses tomorrow afternoon!

Thanks, 

Tyler

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Good morning tyler. I just signed up yesterday for MP. I originally opened my store on .com so pay in USD and would prefer to pay in Cdn $. I am registered in Canada. This will save me a few dollars. Can I just make this change myself or should I call and have CS do it for me?

Also, should I wait a while and make sure all is good with my change to MP? Don’t want to mess anything up by making changes. Thanks!

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Good Day Tyler, Unfortunately today I recieved a few INR cases, I have noticed that there seems to be no way for some buyers to open INR cases for orders with multiple items? It seems that I either get cases opened for 1 item in a multi item order or many individual cases for multiple items, but not 1 case for 1 multi item order? As the majority of my orders are multi item orders this is problematic. Is there a way to make it easier for buyers?

Thanks

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Hi Tyler, Is it possible to have whoever looks after the shipping calculators and ebay to look into the following...

This has been a problem with the ebay calculator ever since I've been selling.  The Canada Post minimum dimensions for expedited parcel within Canada and expedited parcel  to the USA are different.  The minimums for the US are higher so once a week or so someone posts on the board saying that the price for expedited shipping is not being shown to buyers.  They don't realize that the minimum is different as there is no warning when the listing is posted.  Apparently there is a warning when the dimensions are too big for the service but not when they are too small.   When a seller goes to the CP website calculator, entering those smaller dimensions will give them a price and Canada Post and Shippo will allow a label to be printed so it doesn't make sense that the calculator on ebay does not allow that. Perhaps those minimums that CP has listed are just some sort of guideline? Perhaps your 'people' could talk to Canada Post and find out so that the ebay calculator and now labels would work with the same dimensions as Canada Post does.  Or, as a temporary meausure, set up a warning tot he sellers when they enter the too small dimensions that the calculator won't work.

The Xpresspost minimums are different as well but I'm not sure how the ebay calculator works if the dimensions are too small for Xpresspost US.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@msmaggie060 wrote:

Good morning tyler. I just signed up yesterday for MP. I originally opened my store on .com so pay in USD and would prefer to pay in Cdn $. I am registered in Canada. This will save me a few dollars. Can I just make this change myself or should I call and have CS do it for me?

Also, should I wait a while and make sure all is good with my change to MP? Don’t want to mess anything up by making changes. Thanks!

Hi @msmaggie060 - This is a really good question! If you are on a monthly store subscription you can adjust this yourself without too much issue. You'll want to end your store subscription on .com (it will future date to the end of this month).  Then on the 1st of May you can open a new store subscription (make sure you're on .ca). Your settings should be remembered for up to 30 days, so that should be all that's required (your existing categories should port over too). 

There is a possibility that this would reset the rate card for your items, meaning that they would charge fees under the 'no store' fee section until they renew under the new store subscription or unless you end and relist all your existing items.

Congrats on moving to having your payments managed by eBay! If you wanted to give yourself some adjustment time on payments before fiddling with the store I would wait until next month around this time. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@flyhooks4less wrote:

Good Day Tyler, Unfortunately today I recieved a few INR cases, I have noticed that there seems to be no way for some buyers to open INR cases for orders with multiple items? It seems that I either get cases opened for 1 item in a multi item order or many individual cases for multiple items, but not 1 case for 1 multi item order? As the majority of my orders are multi item orders this is problematic. Is there a way to make it easier for buyers?

Thanks

Hi @flyhooks4less - that's definitely inconvenient for everyone. I don't have a better way for buyers to address an entire order with a single INR (which is a turnabout from a few years ago when it was always the entire order). I will make this as a suggestion to the product team. It seems like a question in the flow that asks them to stipulate if they're opening for the entire order or a single item within it should be simple.*

Thanks!

*Full acknowledgement here I am not particularly technical so have no real idea if that would be simple or not

Tyler,
eBay
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

Hi Tyler, Is it possible to have whoever looks after the shipping calculators and ebay to look into the following...

This has been a problem with the ebay calculator ever since I've been selling.  The Canada Post minimum dimensions for expedited parcel within Canada and expedited parcel  to the USA are different.  The minimums for the US are higher so once a week or so someone posts on the board saying that the price for expedited shipping is not being shown to buyers.  They don't realize that the minimum is different as there is no warning when the listing is posted.  Apparently there is a warning when the dimensions are too big for the service but not when they are too small.   When a seller goes to the CP website calculator, entering those smaller dimensions will give them a price and Canada Post and Shippo will allow a label to be printed so it doesn't make sense that the calculator on ebay does not allow that. Perhaps those minimums that CP has listed are just some sort of guideline? Perhaps your 'people' could talk to Canada Post and find out so that the ebay calculator and now labels would work with the same dimensions as Canada Post does.  Or, as a temporary meausure, set up a warning tot he sellers when they enter the too small dimensions that the calculator won't work.

The Xpresspost minimums are different as well but I'm not sure how the ebay calculator works if the dimensions are too small for Xpresspost US.

Hi @pjcdn2005 - this has definitely been around for years. I remember being told at some point in the past the history behind why it was set up this way but for the life of me I can't remember it now. IIRC it had something to do with a system being able to provide a minimum or a maximum but not both. With the background nuts-and-bolts updates that have been made over the last 18 months it's a good time to revisit that. I'll get it to the shipping and listing folks. 

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Thanks for joining the chat this week - it's closed but it will return next week!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 8 of 8
latest reply