August 4 2021 Weekly Session

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi everyone - 

The chat is open for your questions. I'll begin working on replies tomorrow afternoon!

Tyler

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Hi Tyler,

This reply is in relation to my question last month about not being able to purchase USPS shipping labels on Ebay.com from my payments balance. Another Ebayer messaged me this week and said they are having the same problem of not being able to print USPS labels with their payout funds(Paypal is the only option). The big difference here is that this seller has chosen US$ payouts, where I have CA$. What this means is that no Canadian, whether they have US or CA payouts, can print USPS shipping labels on .com with their payouts funds. So this issue has nothing to do with what currency you have chosen.

Perhaps you can add this information to the ticket you previously submitted.

Regards,

Andrew

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

Hi Tyler,

I still don't have an invitation for rejoining Managed payments, do you have any idea when they will be doing that. I am having so many problems, hours of the phone to eBay. Yesterday I was on the phone for 1 3/4 hours, spoke to 3 different departments because some of my listing cannot be purchased for some reason, buyers get an error message. They don't seem to have any idea what is happening. People are asking me if they can purchase, but I have no way for them to do it. There is not a cart option on them for some reason.

I don't know if it's because I don't have MP because some are able to purchase.

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

@triber wrote:

Yesterday I was on the phone for 1 3/4 hours, spoke to 3 different departments because some of my listing cannot be purchased for some reason, buyers get an error message. They don't seem to have any idea what is happening. People are asking me if they can purchase, but I have no way for them to do it. There is not a cart option on them for some reason.

Edit one of your problematic listings and see if your paypal information is showing under the payment options section. If you have still have a live listing with recent sales compare what is listed under the payment options. When they start the MP conversion process the payment options section will swap out your paypal information with a flag for managed payments.  Anything that is being routed through managed payments would list as "Payments managed by eBay" and your paypal information wouldn't show. On the back end ebay still stores your paypal payment settings for a listing even once they have converted over. It may be that when they flipped you back to paypal not every listing had that block reset.

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

Hi Tyler,

Is there any update to eBay Labels using an individuals actual CP Small Business Discount Level? It appears that Shippo is no longer offering that rate on eBay orders per a Shippo warning message I've received on my last two shipments now. without this connection to that account i won't use eBay labels and looks like i will be forced to manually copy and paste directly on CP website if it can't be added.

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

One more issue just discovered. I like to reply to any feedback buyers give me. When I hit Reply tonight the page just reloads, it used to work, now it doesn't. Would be great if someone looked into that.

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

Both the recent sale and the problem listings have the 'Payments managed by eBay' greyed out, and 'Require immediate payment with Buy It Now; not checked. There are no other payment methods given.

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

@poupas2 wrote:

Hi Tyler,

This reply is in relation to my question last month about not being able to purchase USPS shipping labels on Ebay.com from my payments balance. Another Ebayer messaged me this week and said they are having the same problem of not being able to print USPS labels with their payout funds(Paypal is the only option). The big difference here is that this seller has chosen US$ payouts, where I have CA$. What this means is that no Canadian, whether they have US or CA payouts, can print USPS shipping labels on .com with their payouts funds. So this issue has nothing to do with what currency you have chosen.

Perhaps you can add this information to the ticket you previously submitted.

Regards,

Andrew

Thanks @poupas2 - I'll get this noted and added. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 8 of 18
latest reply

@triber wrote:

Hi Tyler,

I still don't have an invitation for rejoining Managed payments, do you have any idea when they will be doing that. I am having so many problems, hours of the phone to eBay. Yesterday I was on the phone for 1 3/4 hours, spoke to 3 different departments because some of my listing cannot be purchased for some reason, buyers get an error message. They don't seem to have any idea what is happening. People are asking me if they can purchase, but I have no way for them to do it. There is not a cart option on them for some reason.

Hi @triber - I don't have an update on the status of your invite to payments, but I'm going to escalate this again. 

I like @hlmacdon's suggestion to see if the items that are giving errors don't have any payment details.  

Tyler,
eBay
Message 9 of 18
latest reply

@ericsells75 wrote:

Hi Tyler,

Is there any update to eBay Labels using an individuals actual CP Small Business Discount Level? It appears that Shippo is no longer offering that rate on eBay orders per a Shippo warning message I've received on my last two shipments now. without this connection to that account i won't use eBay labels and looks like i will be forced to manually copy and paste directly on CP website if it can't be added.

Hi @ericsells75 - there's not currently a plan to have eBay Labels incorporate your CP discount level. I'll make sure that your interest in seeing it happen is shared though!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 10 of 18
latest reply

@ericsells75 wrote:

One more issue just discovered. I like to reply to any feedback buyers give me. When I hit Reply tonight the page just reloads, it used to work, now it doesn't. Would be great if someone looked into that.

Hi @ericsells75 - This is unusual. I have a ticket logged for something similar - are you getting an error message at all? Some members are seeing an "Oops. There seems to be a problem loading the page." error. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 11 of 18
latest reply

All my items that I have listed and re-listed since I lost my MP don't have payment details and no cart options.

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

Hi,   I just read that Canadian Boarder workers may be going on strike Friday Aug. 6.   Will ebay support sellers shipping outside of Canada if parcels are delayed?

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

@ericsells75 

I purchased a Shippo label yesterday and received the level 1 discount. Are you saying that is no longer the case?

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

Another ID has been accepting MP just fine for over a month, but suddenly started telling me I didn't have a bank attached.

Phones Customer Support, and was told there is a glitch that is saying that to members who are in fact in MP and that I should just ignore it.

Could you confirm this was a glitch?

Message 15 of 18
latest reply

It was a shippo issue you should get your appropriate discount level.
Message 16 of 18
latest reply

Tyler, I just phoned eBay for about the 20th time about buyers not able to purchase my items. I was put onto someone on the MP technical team and when I told him about changing my registration from US to CA he said that was the correct thing to do. Canadian sellers with a Canadian bank can only be registered in Canada. I told him that I had be told that this was not correct, I am surprised that this is still going on. I can't get any help from eBay technical staff, told once more to wait for 2 days! I have been waiting for nearly 2 months!!

Message 17 of 18
latest reply

I am in Canada and I am frustrated with the level of exorbitant shipping charges that some sellers seem to be charging to ship small 1lb or less, items up to Canada.  I have seen some sellers charging $59.99 USD to ship what amounts to be a 6 oz item up here.  I am told by eBay that

"The good thing about eBay is the variety of sellers. One of them is sure to be selling the item with Free Shipping or better rates."

Either these sellers have no intention of shipping items up to Canada and simply want the visibility of listing items to multiple countries or they are simply trying to gouge buyers left right and center.  For one particular item I counted close to 10 sellers all charging the same $59.99 US shipping charge for their item to Canada. 

This is not an isolated incident as I have lost count how many times I am looking for an item and find that there are countless sellers simply jacking up the shipping costs to unreasonable limits. There is no way of reporting these sellers via the item listing page. I have to chat with a eBay rep and I have yet to see any of these listings being affected.

Another beef is the way Shipping Services are shown on items being sold by US based sellers. The service is indicated by "Standard International Shipping" which gives me no idea what the service or services are involved in shipping the item up to Canada. There are some shippers such as DHL that I want nothing to do with.

Asking the seller does not always illict a complete answer . I had a seller tell me it was USPS when in fact it was DHL and USPS and DHL royally screwed up the tracking aspect of the shipment.

Please for heaven's sake improve the ability of buyers to precisely determine what shipping means are being used. I know that due to these frustrations I have limited purchasing of items on eBay to those sellers in Canada.  It simply has become too much of a hassle buying on eBay.

Message 18 of 18
latest reply