December 4 2019 Weekly Session

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi everyone - 

Opening the chat up for your questions. I'll be by tomorrow afternoon to begin working on getting you answers. 

Thanks!
Tyler

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Hello Tyler,

Someone with much better eyes caught this a few days ago. Approximately as of the 20th(My recent transactions) of November the US State taxes started showing up in Sellers Hub and are now being included as part of Grand Total  Sales. Is this correct? As a seller this is not revenue in any way, shape or form.

-Lotz

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Is there any way to find out why, specifically,  we were not awarded the recent coupons? The email received was very vague.

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

Hi Tyler,

It's Dec.4/19 and I haven't received my monthly seller fees invoice for Nov/19.

Let me know...

Thanks.

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

Hello Tyler,

Please advise how soon the ORDER SCREEN will display the TOTAL on the bottom of the bottom of "sold for" column as it was before.

Now I can see "TOTAL" on top of the table and it relates to the column SELLING PRICE + SHIPPING COST".

I need the numbers for "sold for" only.

May be I pressed something somewhere that removed this TOTAL?

Please assist

Thanks you

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Hello Tyler,

Please advise how soon the ORDER SCREEN will display the TOTAL on the bottom of the  "sold for" column as it was before.

Now I can see "TOTAL" on top of the table and it relates to the column SELLING PRICE + SHIPPING COST".

Please assist

Thank you

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

Hello Tyler,

Someone with much better eyes caught this a few days ago. Approximately as of the 20th(My recent transactions) of November the US State taxes started showing up in Sellers Hub and are now being included as part of Grand Total  Sales. Is this correct? As a seller this is not revenue in any way, shape or form.

-Lotz

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies - that's correct, that is what Seller Hub is displaying under the 'Total', as that's the total amount the buyer paid. The individual order will have details on any sales tax that was charged. Alternatively, you can use the 'Download Report' link in the upper right hand corner of the Manage all orders page to get a report that will break things out into columns (screenshots below). This will display the item price, charged shipping, any charged sales tax and the total price. 

My personal recommendation is to consider downloading the report at least once a quarter to ensure you have a quickly accessible record of what orders charge sales tax (and how much) if you need that information. 

Thanks!

Report link in Manage all ordersReport link in Manage all orders

Tyler,
eBay
Message 7 of 16
latest reply

@renata6 wrote:

Is there any way to find out why, specifically,  we were not awarded the recent coupons? The email received was very vague.

Hi @renata6 - I don't have further information into that, but if you reply to the email I'm sure that team will work to provide any additional detail they can!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 8 of 16
latest reply

@silverpinups wrote:

Hi Tyler,

It's Dec.4/19 and I haven't received my monthly seller fees invoice for Nov/19.

Let me know...

Thanks.

Hi @silverpinups - I'm not certain when it came up, but I see it available for you. Check here for it and let me know if you don't see it!

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 9 of 16
latest reply

My main concern would be ARE FVF's being charged based on those included amounts? Also, for simplification/transparency it should show as a separate column like it did in the past when it included shipping.

-Lotz

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

tyler@ebay 

Sorry I should have clarified. My monthly seller invoice email in my messages inbox. I need this to print off my fee summary that includes the GST. Thanks.  

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

@block36 wrote:

Hello Tyler,

Please advise how soon the ORDER SCREEN will display the TOTAL on the bottom of the bottom of "sold for" column as it was before.

Please assist

Thanks you

Hi @block36 - this is not a technical issue, but the way the Orders page now displays. There are not currently plans to reintroduce a 'total' box to the Sold For column. 

I have passed the feedback on in the past that this is a useful feature to keep and/or enhance. I'd encourage you to echo the need you have for a total'd amount for the Sold For column by using the 'Comments?' hyperlink in the upper right hand corner of the page. That will reach the Seller Hub team directly. 

In the meantime, you can use the 'Download report' link (also in the upper right corner area of the page) to at least get an Excel file of your orders. That will at least let you manually add a total of the column you're looking for. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 12 of 16
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

My main concern would be ARE FVF's being charged based on those included amounts? Also, for simplification/transparency it should show as a separate column like it did in the past when it included shipping.

-Lotz

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies - No. 

Final Value Fees are charged on the purchase price of the item and any charged shipping costs to the buyer (link here). 

I encourage you to share your feedback on this page directly with the Seller Hub team by using the 'Comments?' hyperlink in the upper right hand corner of that page. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 13 of 16
latest reply

It's similar in Shippo when you print out a packing slip. The total includes the Sales Tax but it's not displayed as a Line item with the designated percentage. Unique to say the least. And confusing for anyone trying to rationalize the math.

-Lotz

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

@silverpinups wrote:

tyler@ebay 

Sorry I should have clarified. My monthly seller invoice email in my messages inbox. I need this to print off my fee summary that includes the GST. Thanks.  

Hi @silverpinups - Thanks for clarifying! I don't know why those emails could be delayed, but I'll let folks know. 

In the meantime, is the same type of information available from the front page of your invoice? That includes totals as well as a tax summary that will display the total taxable amount and your GST/HST rate and total. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 15 of 16
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Thanks for joining the chat this week!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 16 of 16
latest reply