February 24 2021 Weekly Session

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi everyone - 

Opening the chat up for your questions. I'll work on getting answers for you tomorrow afternoon. 

See you then!
Tyler

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Hi Tyler,

Can you please explain why many of us Sellers are getting this error message? I'm new on Managed Payments. I set up a new checking account. Ebay deposited 1 cent on Feb 1 and has withdrawn my subscription fees with no delays. I haven't received a cent from sales since I switched to MP. Please help! Here is the thread other Sellers are commenting on this. Thanks!  "managed payment Declined Waiting for retry"

Message 2 of 23
latest reply

Hello tyler, I don’t have to use tracking very often  so was surprised to see a pkg I shipped overseas with tracking only shows as ‘tracking number provided’ when I looked on eBay on my Seller Hub under orders paid and shipped. On Canada Post it shows multiple scans and delivered. Is this an ongoing problem with eBay and if so it can be a major problem for sellers. 

In case you need it, item number is 164242061613 (actually shipped multiple items in the one pkg).

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

Hello Tyler,

Clarification please.

Sellers now being enrolled in MP, many were under the impression, that when something sold there would be easy quick access to funds from that transaction to pay for shipping. We understood that the balance would not be technically "ours" for a lets use the term "undermined" time frame. Currently what I am seeing is if a sale happens at noon the funds move to "processing" but there seems to be no way to access those funds other than paying by PayPal. Defeats the purpose of taking PayPal out of the loop.

I had a sale noon yesterday. My handling is one day. Sellers Hub states ship by 12 PM that day. Transaction from yesterday is still showing as processing as 8 AM Mtn this morning. Is this the way things are supposed to work or for everything to function as it should the system is basically in tape delay mode?

Because of the Fuel Surcharge issue that seems to still not be fixed (6 weels later) this makes sellers even more short when they go to purchase postage for applicable transactions. Also there has ZERO mention of any sort of a credit to sellers to make up for this eBay error.

-Lotz

PS. Another seller mentioned having access/an invite to Net Parcel to process postage. This does would not help for me until I am able to link my Small Business Account to get the correct applicable discount.

Message 4 of 23
latest reply

Hello Tyler,

Fees in MP are removed immediately. Going forward how long before sellers will see credits moved to Available Funds?

-Lotz

Message 5 of 23
latest reply

Hi Lotz,

I didn't have an invite to Net Parcel.  I received an invite/activate to "ebay shipping" which allows me to purchase postage even when the payment is in "processing" mode.

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

Good Morning Tyler,

Still sounding like a broken record...

1. Has there been any progress on the fix for the shipping calculation for Small Packet USA Air? I am now out of pocket about 31 cents for every USA sale I make. Not a big deal but it is adding up! Since ebay already has services which use a fuel surcharge I do not understand the delay. and it has now been a very long time for a fix?

2. The eBay label system displays the wrong cost for the label to the seller, i.e. For a Small Packet USA label, the cost to the seller was $7.88 in Jan, $7.92 in Feb, and eBay would invoice that cost, however the displayed cost when creating the label was $7.49! This is very misleading to a  seller who thinks they will be charged $7.49 for a label, only to find out at invoice time they will pay $7.92. It is espessially painful when the buyer is only charged $7.74!!! when they should be charged $8.15 or so..

Thanks

Message 7 of 23
latest reply

@lucitabby wrote:

Hi Lotz,

I didn't have an invite to Net Parcel.  I received an invite/activate to "ebay shipping" which allows me to purchase postage even when the payment is in "processing" mode.

Thanks. Interesting. I wouldn't have thought processing postage would be random invite only.  For my 2 transactions to date nothing like that appeared. My sale from yesterday noon just finished processing sometime this morning.

-Lotz

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

My experience is that if you are on Managed Payments and use the eBay.ca label system then you can purchase labels immediately. However the price quoted will be wrong if it is Small  packet USA. The funds do not come from your MP balance, but rather you are invoiced for the labels on your monthly invoice. I do not understand the logic of this but thats what happened to me in January and December, I have not used the eBay label system since, as to me it is broken, and I cannot trust that the cost will be correct. I went back to Shippo until its fixed. But I do check the costs in eBay first to see if they have fixed anything.  Shippo lets me use my CP small business account and appropriately adjusts my CP discount level if I should ever achieve "level 2" which does not happen with the eBay system, at least not yet.

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

No, the funds for the postage come out of my MP balance.  The problem is that it takes awhile for it to remove the funds from my balance - several days.

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

Hi Tyler,

One more. I know. I'm over my limit but this is a major ongoing concern for many. Are there any plans to fix these suggested/recommended/mandatory Item Specifics within a listing. Usually the information is already there in the body of the listing but it does not give you an error message until you've processed the listing. The tool needs to be backwards compatible to each listing.  (I ended and used sell similar the other day as a test on 7 listings. 4 of 7 required updating. Most often anything not updated is either not available or not applicable.)

-Lotz

Message 11 of 23
latest reply

Wow, I am suprised by this? I wonder if it is because I am on Daily MP transfers? One would think it should be the same?

Message 12 of 23
latest reply

Yes, you would think so.  I am on the weekly MP transfers.  Perhaps they are still getting all the bugs out.

Message 13 of 23
latest reply

Tyler, 

There doesn't appear to be a way to add images to posts on the new boards.  Is that going to change?

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

Hi @intimewithmusic - I'm sorry to hear that you've encountered issues with payouts failing!

I'm not equipped to provide support for managed payments. The best course of action is to request a contact from a Payments-trained teammate at the bottom of any payments help page, or from the payments tab of your Seller Hub. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 15 of 23
latest reply

Hi @msmaggie060 - tracking should update automatically, but historically there have been syncing issues in the past with things not occuring. I'm nearly always told it's an issue with couriers (something about their data push to us getting delayed or changing formats, etc). I'll get this example reported!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 16 of 23
latest reply

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies - as you know I am not able to discuss specifics when it comes to managed payments. 

However, in general: you are able to access pending funds to pay for shipping labels if you are in the new eBay Label platform. You can choose the funding source from the print label screen, it's a checkbox. If you are not using the new label platform you are not able to use pending funds to pay for labels. 

Daily payouts doesn't always mean that you'll receive funds in your bank account daily. It means we'll initiate the payout each day. Depending on the overall processing time of the clearing house and your financial institution you may see funds take longer to post. 

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 17 of 23
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

Hello Tyler,

Fees in MP are removed immediately. Going forward how long before sellers will see credits moved to Available Funds?

-Lotz

@lotzofuniquegoodies - this is a billing question better addressed by a payments-trained teammate, I don't have information to share with you. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 18 of 23
latest reply

Odd that I have no way to choose a funding source?

Message 19 of 23
latest reply

@flyhooks4less wrote:

Good Morning Tyler,

Still sounding like a broken record...

1. Has there been any progress on the fix for the shipping calculation for Small Packet USA Air? I am now out of pocket about 31 cents for every USA sale I make. Not a big deal but it is adding up! Since ebay already has services which use a fuel surcharge I do not understand the delay. and it has now been a very long time for a fix?

2. The eBay label system displays the wrong cost for the label to the seller, i.e. For a Small Packet USA label, the cost to the seller was $7.88 in Jan, $7.92 in Feb, and eBay would invoice that cost, however the displayed cost when creating the label was $7.49! This is very misleading to a  seller who thinks they will be charged $7.49 for a label, only to find out at invoice time they will pay $7.92. It is espessially painful when the buyer is only charged $7.74!!! when they should be charged $8.15 or so..

Thanks

Hi @flyhooks4less - I'm sorry you're still encountering this! I've escalated it again and will let you know as I hear back. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 20 of 23
latest reply