February 26 2020 Weekly Session

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi everyone - 

Opening the chat for your questions. See you tomorrow!

Tyler

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Hello Tyler,

Is there anywhere in help that clearly explains what to do when someone receives any of the various error messages? I'm thinking if there was, this would be something that would be extremely helpful.

Examples: "Error 99" or the dreaded "Please enter a valid zip code", et al?

-Lotz

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Hello Tyler,

Will this apply to dot ca sellers too?  From dot com announcement board from someone named Tyler?!?! The things you find when you do a drive by the dot com board. The screenshots appear to be from dot com interface.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/Introducing-eBay-international-standard-delivery/ba-p/30...

Introducing eBay international standard delivery

Last Edited 02-07-2020 08:56:01 AM by Community Team 

Beginning in February, eBay international standard delivery will be available to all sellers. This new program supports shipments to over 210 countries, offers better tracking visibility and includes late delivery protections for standards, service metrics, and feedback.  .....

-Lotz

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

Will this apply to dot ca sellers too? 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/Introducing-eBay-international-standard-delivery/ba-p/30...

Not sure how you missed the part that says:

Drop off your package at any US post office

This an ebay.com/USPS deal.

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

Hi Tyler!

There is a bug that's currently preventing me from having my Top Rated Seller badge showing up on eBay.CA.

I'm selling on both eBay.CA and eBay.COM. My metrics are excellent and I'm actually a top rated seller on both .CA and .COM.

However, on the .COM side, you need to have 95% valid tracking to have your Top Rated Seller badge show up. So it doesn't show on my .COM listings. I'm not too happy with this but at least I can see the logic.

On .CA, this valid tracking rule isn't there (I would probably meet it anyway).

Yet, my badge isn't showing up on .CA either. It was confirmed by an agent that this is because of the .COM site. If the badge doesn't show on the .COM site, you lose your badge everywhere.

I'm pretty sure this is a bug. Otherwise what would be the reason why Canadian buyers see my badge?

I'm Canadian, my inventory is in Canada, my listings are on eBay.CA, I'm a Top Rated Seller meeting all the expectations on .CA. And my Canadian listings are only shippable in Canada / visible for Canadians.

Please, this is my livelihood and this is reflecting on my sales. Unless there's a logical reason why it should be that way, I would really appreciate this to be resolved.

Thanks!

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Hi tyler, read this on the .com 2020 Spring update:

Changes to handling “Item not as described” return requests for international sellers
We recommend that all international sellers targeting US buyers by listing items on eBay.com provide their buyers with a return address in the US. When a return has to be shipped internationally, buyers must wait substantially longer for refunds than they are accustomed to when returning items domestically. When you do not provide a US return address and your buyer requests to return an item that doesn't match the listing, you need to accept the return and provide the means to return the item within 3 business days. Otherwise, we may refund the buyer and seek reimbursement from you without requiring the item to be shipped back under eBay Money Back Guarantee. Starting June 1, 2020, we may decide these cases after the 3 business days elapse without requiring the buyer to contact eBay. This change will apply to returns valued up to $25.

How does this apply to us .ca sellers listing on .com (My items just don’t sell when I list on .ca, believe me, I’ve tried!) I’ve only had, I think, one return request in 15years on all my accounts and it wasn’t returned anyway so not concerned about them but will this count against us if we don’t have a US return option? Have no idea how one would do that anyway. Thanks!
Message 6 of 16
latest reply

Last week a buyer purchased 2 pins from me and on my :Ebay Sold page it said the buyer  paid 8.50 to ship the 2 pins, so as I always do I sent back $4.00 to the buyer because on all my pins it says the 1st pin is 4.25 to ship, and each additional pin is .25 more. Later that day I went to my paypal page and it showed that the buyer only paid $4.00 for shipping. I called paypal and they said I had to call ebay so I did and I was told it didn’t make sense and they’d look into it. I called again a few days later and was told that’s the way I had it set up. I tried to explain that it had never done that before or since and even if that were true, the buyer would have been charged $4.50 and not $4.00 and was then told it was my fault because I should have checked with paypal to make sure before I sent the refund, but he would send it to some other department to have it checked out but I still havent’ heard anything. Is there anythng I can do to get ebay to send back what I refunded the buyer since it was ebay that gave me the wrong info? 

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

Hello Tyler,

Is there anywhere in help that clearly explains what to do when someone receives any of the various error messages? I'm thinking if there was, this would be something that would be extremely helpful.

Examples: "Error 99" or the dreaded "Please enter a valid zip code", et al?

-Lotz

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies - there aren't any help pages that cover those specific errors, but in general I'd encourage members reporting those issues to contact Customer Support for more direct troubleshooting.  Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 8 of 16
latest reply

Hello Tyler,

Will this apply to dot ca sellers too?  From dot com announcement board from someone named Tyler?!?! The things you find when you do a drive by the dot com board. The screenshots appear to be from dot com interface.

Last Edited 02-07-2020 08:56:01 AM by Community Team 

Beginning in February, eBay international standard delivery will be available to all sellers. This new program supports shipments to over 210 countries, offers better tracking visibility and includes late delivery protections for standards, service metrics, and feedback.  .....

-Lotz

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies - that's a program specifically for .com folks, though if you had inventory housed in the US I'm sure you could take advantage of it!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 9 of 16
latest reply

@vip-marketplace wrote:

Hi Tyler!

There is a bug that's currently preventing me from having my Top Rated Seller badge showing up on eBay.CA.

I'm selling on both eBay.CA and eBay.COM. My metrics are excellent and I'm actually a top rated seller on both .CA and .COM.

However, on the .COM side, you need to have 95% valid tracking to have your Top Rated Seller badge show up. So it doesn't show on my .COM listings. I'm not too happy with this but at least I can see the logic.

On .CA, this valid tracking rule isn't there (I would probably meet it anyway).

Yet, my badge isn't showing up on .CA either. It was confirmed by an agent that this is because of the .COM site. If the badge doesn't show on the .COM site, you lose your badge everywhere.

I'm pretty sure this is a bug. Otherwise what would be the reason why Canadian buyers see my badge?

I'm Canadian, my inventory is in Canada, my listings are on eBay.CA, I'm a Top Rated Seller meeting all the expectations on .CA. And my Canadian listings are only shippable in Canada / visible for Canadians.

Please, this is my livelihood and this is reflecting on my sales. Unless there's a logical reason why it should be that way, I would really appreciate this to be resolved.

Thanks!

Hi @vip-marketplace - congrats on getting to Top Rated in the global and .com programs!

When I look at your listings on eBay.ca from an advanced search I see the 'Top Rated Seller' seal on the search results, but not when I look at individual items. This is expected if your items are listed from eBay.com - in order to get the item-level badge you need to meet all the US requirements including tracking upload (link here).

If your items are listed directly from eBay.ca they would display the badge though!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 10 of 16
latest reply

@msmaggie060 wrote:
Hi tyler, read this on the .com 2020 Spring update:

Changes to handling “Item not as described” return requests for international sellers
We recommend that all international sellers targeting US buyers by listing items on eBay.com provide their buyers with a return address in the US. When a return has to be shipped internationally, buyers must wait substantially longer for refunds than they are accustomed to when returning items domestically. When you do not provide a US return address and your buyer requests to return an item that doesn't match the listing, you need to accept the return and provide the means to return the item within 3 business days. Otherwise, we may refund the buyer and seek reimbursement from you without requiring the item to be shipped back under eBay Money Back Guarantee. Starting June 1, 2020, we may decide these cases after the 3 business days elapse without requiring the buyer to contact eBay. This change will apply to returns valued up to $25.

How does this apply to us .ca sellers listing on .com (My items just don’t sell when I list on .ca, believe me, I’ve tried!) I’ve only had, I think, one return request in 15years on all my accounts and it wasn’t returned anyway so not concerned about them but will this count against us if we don’t have a US return option? Have no idea how one would do that anyway. Thanks!

Hi @msmaggie060 - if you don't have a return address in the US, you'd want to make sure that you manage the return in a timely fashion and accept the return, including a method of return postage. 

So in the unlikely event that you have another Not as Described return (one in 15 years is a great stat!), make sure that you accept it and provide a method of return shipping. I know that Shippo isn't everyone's cup of tea, but the fact that you can use it to purchase and provide a USPS return label is really useful in this instance. 

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 11 of 16
latest reply

@ypdc_dennis 

Maybe the announcement should have stated ALL USA sellers. It appears to be another program designed for US sellers to again unlevel the playing field. A tleast that was my my read on the program.

-Lotz

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

@bunbar wrote:

Last week a buyer purchased 2 pins from me and on my :Ebay Sold page it said the buyer  paid 8.50 to ship the 2 pins, so as I always do I sent back $4.00 to the buyer because on all my pins it says the 1st pin is 4.25 to ship, and each additional pin is .25 more. Later that day I went to my paypal page and it showed that the buyer only paid $4.00 for shipping. I called paypal and they said I had to call ebay so I did and I was told it didn’t make sense and they’d look into it. I called again a few days later and was told that’s the way I had it set up. I tried to explain that it had never done that before or since and even if that were true, the buyer would have been charged $4.50 and not $4.00 and was then told it was my fault because I should have checked with paypal to make sure before I sent the refund, but he would send it to some other department to have it checked out but I still havent’ heard anything. Is there anythng I can do to get ebay to send back what I refunded the buyer since it was ebay that gave me the wrong info?

Hi @bunbar - it sounds like you may have some combined shipping discounts set up. I'll make the suggestion that that summary widget reflects the amount that was actually received (not what was originally on the order itself). If you look at the order details I imagine it would show the 'discount' applied as a line item. 

If you're looking for a credit I recommend contacting Customer Support directly and work with them to request it. I prefer the social media team (Facebook or Twitter). Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 13 of 16
latest reply

I don't have combined shipping discounts set up. Any time a buyer gets more than one pin it charges them 4.25 for each pin unless I send them an invoice.  I've had to refund over $100 many  times becuase it would't allow the buyer to ask for a total (seems you can't if you use a cell phone) 

That isn't the problem though, As you can see in the picture ebay has told me the buyer has paid 8.50 for shipping (which it has done for years) so why would I not assume that was correct and refund the buyer

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

@bunbar wrote:

I don't have combined shipping discounts set up. Any time a buyer gets more than one pin it charges them 4.25 for each pin unless I send them an invoice.  I've had to refund over $100 many  times becuase it would't allow the buyer to ask for a total (seems you can't if you use a cell phone) 

That isn't the problem though, As you can see in the picture ebay has told me the buyer has paid 8.50 for shipping (which it has done for years) so why would I not assume that was correct and refund the buyer

Hi @bunbar - I strongly recommend contacting CS so they can review your account, as the only reason that a discount would be applied is if it was set up in your shipping preferences section. 

I will get your suggestion about the display reported to the right team. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 15 of 16
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Thanks for joining this week! The chat is now closed. 

See you next week. 🙂

Tyler,
eBay
Message 16 of 16
latest reply