Tyler

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: February 3 2021 Weekly Session

Hi Tyler,  tyler@ebay 

As discussed in seller central on numerous threads, do we have an update on when the eBay.ca label system/ shipping calculator will be fixed. As it stands I am losing a small amount of change with every US sale. I am sending via CP USA Small Packet, which now has a surcharge for fuel. Problems have been identified before, but its been weeks since and no resolution given. Problems described below.

1. Buyers are not charged for the fuel surcharge, therefore the cost is added to the sellers bottom line!

2. The label system quotes $7.49(no surcharge) for the cost, but the invoicing charges $7.88(incl. Surcharge) to the seller! the CP level 1 discount is applied but not the surcharge

3.  Buyers are not charged the proper retail rate, They are charged $7.74(retail without surcharge), the retail rate is $8.13 (with surcharge).

4. The labels always have the wrong return name for the sender, in my case its my eBay user name not my "Return Address" name!

Please ask your colleagues when this might be fixed. As it stands is is broken, the pennies add up. I provided screen shots in the site issue request, but no response.

eBay is charging the seller more to create the shipping label, than the buyer is charged for shipping.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Hi Tyler,

I sent the following message a couple of weeks ago and you replied with saying, "you don't disagree and this feedback was provided when it was first begin discussed and that you will share for future consideration".  I have to say I was really disappointed that you guys are not fighting harder for Canadian sellers.  This new rapid resolution is awful for Canadian sellers.  I cannot work with the buyer to find a resolution anymore as the case needs to be closed within three days as there is no tracking number.  I like to know why you guys aren't fighting harder for us.  As you agree the rapid resolutions doesn't work for Canadian sellers.   I look forward to hearing from you. 

Thank you, Crystal

Here is the original post:

I find the rapid resolution extremely unfair to Canadian sellers.  Since the implementation from the 2020 Spring Updates, the new rapid resolution automictically  closes "item not  received" cases within three business days unless there is a valid tracking number upload.  As you are aware, tracking is very expensive for Canadian sellers who sell low price point items.  To send tracking to the US starts at $11.09 on an item under 500 grams.  To send with tracking in Canada is between $9.32 to $15.33 on an item under 100 grams.  The $9.32 is a quote for sending within my own city, Calgary, AB.  The $15.33 is to send to Prince Edward Island.  My average selling price is $9.00.  No buyer is going to pay more for shipping than the item is.  Before the implementation of the rapid resolution, I always worked with my buyers who opened an "item not received" case with a successful and positive outcome.  This usually meant sending a second package as I realize that when you send without tracking that packages do go missing or get delivered to the wrong address.  My buyers were very grateful that I worked with them to get them their item to them so a win-win situation for both buyer and me.  I actually built long-term buyers as they knew I would take care of them if a package did get lost.  With the new rapid resolution, it doesn't allow for me to work with a buyer to address their concerns.  I have no choice but to close the case and issue an refund within three business days so not to get a strike against my account.  This is a  lose-lose situation as most buyers have said they would rather get the item than receive a refund.  For Canadian sellers who sell low price items, they have no choice but to send without tracking (to be in business).  The new rapid resolution system doesn't take this into consideration.  I have talked to the resolution department several times about my concerns and frustration.  And, I get the same generic answer, if no tracking, the case will be closed automictically unless I refund the buyer before the three business days even when the buyer has asked for the item rather than a refund.  I have lost a lot of money and unfortunately buyers have been unhappy.  And now with the shipping delays caused by Covid, I have had a substantial increase in "item not received" cases.  I had no choice but to refund the cases within three business days even knowing that the item will arrive with the shipping delays.  Some of the buyers have been honest and have said the item has arrived and asked how to pay for it again.  Another reason why this system is flawed.  This has resulted in a very frustrated Canadian seller.  I really would like help in resolving this matter.  And I would like to hear from other Canadian sellers on this matter. 

~ Crystal     

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi first time chiming in here. I'm sure this has been done to death but I'll ask anyways.
I've noticed on both my accounts the same issue of not showing up in the listings . Not even a veiw from the crawlers on most. I've tried refreshing by bulk edit no avail. The one account is new so I'm sure a delayed indexing which I understand but my mature account had simlar issues Monday For example I listed up one the hottest vintage movies going it's rare few listings and am not getting veiws no errors I can find in the listing itself. A month back I got on the chat and the rep said there was a problem with my store and required tech nothing was done with the ticket. A couple weeks later I couldn't even edit my store that was fixed but still veiws are low . I tried a few diffrent things lowest price free ship. Then lowest price with shipping etc. When my traffic drops me and my wife start backlinking and sales lift for a short time. After doing some investigation online via searches the Canadian portion of ebay doesnt seem to exist. I can google a movie I have with my store and all that comes up is american listings with free ship untill you click on it then its xxxx amount amount to ship. Looking in from a Canadians veiw I would never even entertain shopping on ebay. Its misleading advertising/link info and not even directed at the ip address on the phone. .com is the mother but am I missing something here why are not given equal exposure and what's going on with the high delay in the crawler picking up new listings. I'm burning trying to get exposure and I'm the hot market right now. Tyler@ebay .. thanks for any insight.
Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well no point in discussing anything anymore. I guess I'm going to be homeless soon.
Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Hi Tyler,

I know this might not be in your wheelhouse or even if you can possibly send it up the ladder, but is eBay paying attention to all the posts, discussions, known issues, hesitancy from sellers to sign up with MP to continue selling as per most of the posts that end...Waiting til the bitter end, When Hawaii freezes over etc, etc?  Truthfully I have yet to see anything regarding this in any sort of eBay announcement/statement to address these concerns.

-Lotz

Even a status report on the main concerns would be most helpful!!!

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Hi Tyler,

Do you know if the tech team is aware that the buyer requirements page or at least one requirement on that page is not working?  I've noticed for quite a while that the buyer requirement 'block buyers with a primary shipping address in a country that I don't ship to' doesn't seem to be working.  I've always had that checked off but when they changed that page around a while back it seemed to 'break it'.  For example on listing 274375092411 -   Shipping is to Canada and the US only.  When searching as a buyer in Belarus this shows up:

Shipping:
May not ship to Belarus - Read item description or contact seller for shipping options. | See details

I don't actually block Belarus but because I have that buyer requirement set up, it should automatically block any country that I don't specify that I ship to so under shipping it should say 'WIll not ship to Belarus'  Actually...a buyer in Belarus shouldn't even be able to see the listing.

Because that requirement is  not working, when someone in another country is searching for an item, they are seeing tons of listings with 'shipping not specified' because the seller assumes that they buyer is blocked.  It makes it really frustrating for buyers...I know when I search it is annoying seeing 50 listings in a search when only 30 of them actually ship to Canada. 

It also allows buyers to buy an item even though the seller doesn't ship there. They can't pay unless the seller sends an invoice but it causes unnecessary confusion.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

I realize that you are limited on what you can answer/comment about MP but there is a post on the seller board from seller who is being told that they must provide their social insurance number and they are unable to access the money that the buyer paid because ebay is saying that their MP account isn't set up properly without a social ins. number.  (I'm paraphrasing) 

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Canadian-SIN-number-now-being-demanded-by-managed-paymen...

Shouldn't ebay be confirming that the seller's MP account is set up correctly BEFORE switching their listings over to MP?

It does sound as if there needs to be a better/faster system for MP problems until all the kinks get worked out and all sellers are set up properly. I really feel for the sellers that are having problems and don't understand why the transition is having more problems than were reported in the past.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

@flyhooks4less wrote:

Hi Tyler,  tyler@ebay 

As discussed in seller central on numerous threads, do we have an update on when the eBay.ca label system/ shipping calculator will be fixed. As it stands I am losing a small amount of change with every US sale. I am sending via CP USA Small Packet, which now has a surcharge for fuel. Problems have been identified before, but its been weeks since and no resolution given. Problems described below.

1. Buyers are not charged for the fuel surcharge, therefore the cost is added to the sellers bottom line!

2. The label system quotes $7.49(no surcharge) for the cost, but the invoicing charges $7.88(incl. Surcharge) to the seller! the CP level 1 discount is applied but not the surcharge

3.  Buyers are not charged the proper retail rate, They are charged $7.74(retail without surcharge), the retail rate is $8.13 (with surcharge).

4. The labels always have the wrong return name for the sender, in my case its my eBay user name not my "Return Address" name!

Please ask your colleagues when this might be fixed. As it stands is is broken, the pennies add up. I provided screen shots in the site issue request, but no response.

eBay is charging the seller more to create the shipping label, than the buyer is charged for shipping.

Hi @flyhooks4less - thank you for providing the screenshots - the team used them to review and report this issue further (it was remarkably helpful). 

The last update I have received is that they found the issue and a fix is in process. However I do not have an update on when that will begin (or if there is anything that you need to do once it does roll out). I will update you as I hear back.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 9 of 15
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Closing the thread from further replies, and I will continue working on responses tomorrow morning. 

Thanks again for your patience everyone. 

Tyler

Tyler,
eBay
Message 10 of 15
latest reply

@spot-the-craft wrote:

Hi Tyler,

I sent the following message a couple of weeks ago and you replied with saying, "you don't disagree and this feedback was provided when it was first begin discussed and that you will share for future consideration".  I have to say I was really disappointed that you guys are not fighting harder for Canadian sellers.  This new rapid resolution is awful for Canadian sellers.  I cannot work with the buyer to find a resolution anymore as the case needs to be closed within three days as there is no tracking number.  I like to know why you guys aren't fighting harder for us.  As you agree the rapid resolutions doesn't work for Canadian sellers.   I look forward to hearing from you. 

Thank you, Crystal

Here is the original post:

I find the rapid resolution extremely unfair to Canadian sellers.  Since the implementation from the 2020 Spring Updates, the new rapid resolution automictically  closes "item not  received" cases within three business days unless there is a valid tracking number upload.  As you are aware, tracking is very expensive for Canadian sellers who sell low price point items.  To send tracking to the US starts at $11.09 on an item under 500 grams.  To send with tracking in Canada is between $9.32 to $15.33 on an item under 100 grams.  The $9.32 is a quote for sending within my own city, Calgary, AB.  The $15.33 is to send to Prince Edward Island.  My average selling price is $9.00.  No buyer is going to pay more for shipping than the item is.  Before the implementation of the rapid resolution, I always worked with my buyers who opened an "item not received" case with a successful and positive outcome.  This usually meant sending a second package as I realize that when you send without tracking that packages do go missing or get delivered to the wrong address.  My buyers were very grateful that I worked with them to get them their item to them so a win-win situation for both buyer and me.  I actually built long-term buyers as they knew I would take care of them if a package did get lost.  With the new rapid resolution, it doesn't allow for me to work with a buyer to address their concerns.  I have no choice but to close the case and issue an refund within three business days so not to get a strike against my account.  This is a  lose-lose situation as most buyers have said they would rather get the item than receive a refund.  For Canadian sellers who sell low price items, they have no choice but to send without tracking (to be in business).  The new rapid resolution system doesn't take this into consideration.  I have talked to the resolution department several times about my concerns and frustration.  And, I get the same generic answer, if no tracking, the case will be closed automictically unless I refund the buyer before the three business days even when the buyer has asked for the item rather than a refund.  I have lost a lot of money and unfortunately buyers have been unhappy.  And now with the shipping delays caused by Covid, I have had a substantial increase in "item not received" cases.  I had no choice but to refund the cases within three business days even knowing that the item will arrive with the shipping delays.  Some of the buyers have been honest and have said the item has arrived and asked how to pay for it again.  Another reason why this system is flawed.  This has resulted in a very frustrated Canadian seller.  I really would like help in resolving this matter.  And I would like to hear from other Canadian sellers on this matter. 

~ Crystal     

@spot-the-craft - Hi Crystal!

Apologies for giving the impression that I've stopped advocating for you. While I made sure to share input when the decision was being discussed, the decision was made above my pay grade. I have not stopped reporting on the way these types of policies and process changes impact you and your business. While there is no indication that this process will change in the near future, I will not stop sharing this impact. 

Thnaks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 11 of 15
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi first time chiming in here. I'm sure this has been done to death but I'll ask anyways.
I've noticed on both my accounts the same issue of not showing up in the listings . Not even a veiw from the crawlers on most. I've tried refreshing by bulk edit no avail. The one account is new so I'm sure a delayed indexing which I understand but my mature account had simlar issues Monday For example I listed up one the hottest vintage movies going it's rare few listings and am not getting veiws no errors I can find in the listing itself. A month back I got on the chat and the rep said there was a problem with my store and required tech nothing was done with the ticket. A couple weeks later I couldn't even edit my store that was fixed but still veiws are low . I tried a few diffrent things lowest price free ship. Then lowest price with shipping etc. When my traffic drops me and my wife start backlinking and sales lift for a short time. After doing some investigation online via searches the Canadian portion of ebay doesnt seem to exist. I can google a movie I have with my store and all that comes up is american listings with free ship untill you click on it then its xxxx amount amount to ship. Looking in from a Canadians veiw I would never even entertain shopping on ebay. Its misleading advertising/link info and not even directed at the ip address on the phone. .com is the mother but am I missing something here why are not given equal exposure and what's going on with the high delay in the crawler picking up new listings. I'm burning trying to get exposure and I'm the hot market right now. Tyler@ebay .. thanks for any insight.

Hi @Anonymous - typical indexing time (for new or old accounts) should not be longer than 24 hours. 

I've been told that Google grabs data for their results monthly, but doesn't specify a specific date. Making sure that you're utilizing item specifics, avoiding any complex HTML code in your description as well as things like all-capital letter words. 

If you haven't done so already, I'd suggest contacting a Customer Support teammate who can review your traffic metrics with you to see if there are any other ways you can increase your exposure.  The social media team is particularly adept with these types of conversations. They're available on Twitter or Facebook and available 7 days a week. Shoot them a private message with your registered first and last name on file, email address and postal code as  well as a brief summary of what you're looking for and they'll respond as quick as they can. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 12 of 15
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

Hi Tyler,

I know this might not be in your wheelhouse or even if you can possibly send it up the ladder, but is eBay paying attention to all the posts, discussions, known issues, hesitancy from sellers to sign up with MP to continue selling as per most of the posts that end...Waiting til the bitter end, When Hawaii freezes over etc, etc?  Truthfully I have yet to see anything regarding this in any sort of eBay announcement/statement to address these concerns.

-Lotz

Even a status report on the main concerns would be most helpful!!!

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies - yes, this is something they are aware of and something I report on regularly. This input is used when creating content and onboarding materials - but I am not aware of any plans to make an eBay announcement or statement on the matter. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 13 of 15
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

Hi Tyler,

Do you know if the tech team is aware that the buyer requirements page or at least one requirement on that page is not working?  I've noticed for quite a while that the buyer requirement 'block buyers with a primary shipping address in a country that I don't ship to' doesn't seem to be working.  I've always had that checked off but when they changed that page around a while back it seemed to 'break it'.  For example on listing 274375092411 -   Shipping is to Canada and the US only.  When searching as a buyer in Belarus this shows up:

Shipping:
May not ship to Belarus - Read item description or contact seller for shipping options. | See details

I don't actually block Belarus but because I have that buyer requirement set up, it should automatically block any country that I don't specify that I ship to so under shipping it should say 'WIll not ship to Belarus'  Actually...a buyer in Belarus shouldn't even be able to see the listing.

Because that requirement is  not working, when someone in another country is searching for an item, they are seeing tons of listings with 'shipping not specified' because the seller assumes that they buyer is blocked.  It makes it really frustrating for buyers...I know when I search it is annoying seeing 50 listings in a search when only 30 of them actually ship to Canada. 

It also allows buyers to buy an item even though the seller doesn't ship there. They can't pay unless the seller sends an invoice but it causes unnecessary confusion.

Hi @pjcdn2005 - Ohhhh I see what you mean (thank you for the example item number). I'm not sure if this is considered a tech issue or an 'enhancement' but will ask for clarification and update you as I hear back.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 14 of 15
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

I realize that you are limited on what you can answer/comment about MP but there is a post on the seller board from seller who is being told that they must provide their social insurance number and they are unable to access the money that the buyer paid because ebay is saying that their MP account isn't set up properly without a social ins. number.  (I'm paraphrasing) 

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Canadian-SIN-number-now-being-demanded-by-managed-paymen...

Shouldn't ebay be confirming that the seller's MP account is set up correctly BEFORE switching their listings over to MP?

It does sound as if there needs to be a better/faster system for MP problems until all the kinks get worked out and all sellers are set up properly. I really feel for the sellers that are having problems and don't understand why the transition is having more problems than were reported in the past.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention @pjcdn2005 - to reiterate, providing a SIN is optional. From what I can see on this one the OP has been in touch with CS and they are escalating it appropriately for review as they are not obligated to provide it in order to pass verification. 

I will also report it from my end. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 15 of 15
latest reply