July 12 2022 Monthly Chat

Hey guys! 

Opening up the chat and we'll begin working on answers between now and tomorrow morning. 

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Hello Devon,

Welcome to Canada...Eh!!! We'll try not to be too rough on you but no guarantees!!  🙂

1. Does eBay have anything in place for Canadians in regards to credits(re corrections) for seller and buyers if there has been a error noted for tax collection? If a buyer is credited, does the associated seller get credited immediately and/or vice versa or does each have to realize and file separately. (***There are still many questions from the original discussion that have never been answered. Tax collection has been up and running for over 2 weeks.)

2. Has eBay made changes to Sellers Hub and viewing historical data for offers sent? This was possible in the past but it appears tab was removed. A seller was also supposed to be able redact an offer if an error was made (dot ca) or choose a time window but those features never arrived.

3. Could Sellers Hub be modified to allow sorting of the Views column. This was requested my many sellers on dot com but has never happened. All columns should be sortable but appears a few were never enabled.

4. Lastly could the monthly Q & A be opened earlier. Many questions/concerns arise over the course of a month. Some get fixed. Others do not. It appears the Technical & Site Issues board is very infrequently monitored on dot ca in comparison to dot com.

Thanks,

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

1. Although the tax tables are non-functional now, I still see my tax number displayed on every listing and the tax table section under shipping and payments on some of my listings (but not all apparently). Is this going to eventually be corrected, or is there something that we're supposed to be doing to fix it?

2. Any update on getting the receipts and/or packing slips to include eBay's tax number like they're supposed to?

3. I've noticed that when printing off the packing slips, it's not saving the previous choices which means you have to manually customize them every time if something is or isn't being included. Is there a setting I've missed somewhere, a bug, or is it intentional?

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

Hello Devon,

Welcome to Canada...Eh!!! We'll try not to be too rough on you but no guarantees!!  🙂

1. Does eBay have anything in place for Canadians in regards to credits(re corrections) for seller and buyers if there has been a error noted for tax collection? If a buyer is credited, does the associated seller get credited immediately and/or vice versa or does each have to realize and file separately. (***There are still many questions from the original discussion that have never been answered. Tax collection has been up and running for over 2 weeks.)

2. Has eBay made changes to Sellers Hub and viewing historical data for offers sent? This was possible in the past but it appears tab was removed. A seller was also supposed to be able redact an offer if an error was made (dot ca) or choose a time window but those features never arrived.

3. Could Sellers Hub be modified to allow sorting of the Views column. This was requested my many sellers on dot com but has never happened. All columns should be sortable but appears a few were never enabled.

4. Lastly could the monthly Q & A be opened earlier. Many questions/concerns arise over the course of a month. Some get fixed. Others do not. It appears the Technical & Site Issues board is very infrequently monitored on dot ca in comparison to dot com.

Thanks,

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

Hello Devon,

How are sellers supposed to address Item Specifics accurately when selling mixed lots of goods in 1 listing? These non stop updates(cosmetic add ins) have made the listing process extremely more time consuming and is causing unneeded confusion for sellers and buyers alike.

-Lotz(ofuniquegoodies)

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Hello Devon,

1. Does eBay have anything in place for Canadians in regards to credits(re corrections) for seller and buyers if there has been a error noted for tax collection? If a buyer is credited, does the associated seller get credited immediately and/or viceversaa or does each have to realize and file separately. (***There are still many questions from the original discussion that have never been answered. Tax collection has been up and running for over 2 weeks.)

Thanks,

Lotzofuniquegoodiess

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies! I appreciate the welcome and amexcitiedd to get going! To answer your question in regards to open the Q and A earlier is something I can take back to my team and look into the possibility of doing so. 

For your questions around the Seller Hub I have reached out to our product team and once I hear back from them I will make sure to come back and provided you with the answers to those questions.

Also for your tax question in regards to credits I have reached out to our tax team for this and once I have a response I will come back and let you know their answer.

Thank you for all of the very insightful questions as this will help many other members that I am sure have the same thoughts!

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@flipistics wrote:

1. Although the tax tables are non-functional now, I still see my tax number displayed on every listing and the tax table section under shipping and payments on some of my listings (but not all apparently). Is this going to eventually be corrected, or is there something that we're supposed to be doing to fix it?

2. Any update on getting the receipts and/or packing slips to include eBay's tax number like they're supposed to?

3. I've noticed that when printing off the packing slips, it's not saving the previous choices which means you have to manually customize them every time if something is or isn't being included. Is there a setting I've missed somewhere, a bug, or is it intentional?

Hi @flipistics! Thank you for all of questions I have reached out to our tax team with these and once I hear back from them I will let you their answers! 

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Hello Devon,

Thanks,

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

Hello Devon,

How are sellers supposed to address Item Specifics accurately when selling mixed lots of goods in 1 listing? These non stop updates(cosmetic add ins) have made the listing process extremely more time consuming and is causing unneeded confusion for sellers and buyers alike.

-Lotz(ofuniquegoodies)

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies! Thank you for this insight into the item specifics for mixed lots. I will get this over to the correct team to have them take a look into this. 

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Thanks for joining the chat- it's closed but will return next month!

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@flipistics wrote:

Hey @flipistics ! For being able to save customizations for your packing slips is something I can forward to the correct team. As of now this is intentional due to orders having different information that would be specific to the buyer and we want to make sure that sellers have that information correct. 

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Hello Devon,

Thanks,

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

Hey @lotzofuniquegoodies! I have some answers for your tax related question from our tax team:

1. If a buyer has a specific exemption from taxes and is charged tax, they will need to seek refund of the tax from the government authorities directly. For scenarios where eBay has incorrectly collected the tax, the buyers can reach out directly to Customer Support for a refund of the sales taxes. Any associated refund of FVF will be credited back to the seller on this transaction. This is not an immediate process and takes time for our teams to research and resolve.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@flipistics wrote:

Hey @flipistics! I have some answers to your tax related questions from our tax team:

1. We are looking at this internally and do not yet have an ETA to resolve.

2.The numbers for eBay Canada Ltd. are online in the User Agreement, in the Fees and Taxes section: eBay.ca User Agreement | eBay

They can also be found here:

• GST/HST: 874883325 RT0001
  • QST: 874883325RT0001
Message 11 of 11
latest reply